List Mgmt. Welcome to the Kennel Hayden Crozier

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm planning to write an erotic fanfiction once this semester finishes which I'm sure you'll enjoy.

Igloo - what are the rules with posting light erotica? I know this is a family friendly forum but if I keep it fairly clean with most of the sexual stuff being implied rather than explicit could I post a Bulldogs love story novella type thing?
Isn't there already one on here? I think it's called
Welcome to the Temple of Bontempelli, please take off your shoes and pay your respects

Last year we played him off halfback and he flourished. For whatever reason, he had the whole pre season working as a halfback and as the season began we swapped him forward. Think he's best suited to a Jeremy Howe sort of role as his marking and skills are quite good. Does have a great goal sense though so half forward is always an option.
I think I'm going to cry :tearsofjoy:

Good goal sense? Lock him into HB! Great set shot? I'm sure we can fix that pretty quickly. Needs a set position to find consistency? Will play back, forward, wing and ruck all in a half of footy for us, other than that he sounds great :p

Nah I'm rapt with this pick up, could really see him becoming very good for us

I'm planning to write an erotic fanfiction once this semester finishes which I'm sure you'll enjoy.

Igloo - what are the rules with posting light erotica? I know this is a family friendly forum but if I keep it fairly clean with most of the sexual stuff being implied rather than explicit could I post a Bulldogs love story novella type thing?
Do you think Crozier could appeal to Tom Boyd's strong feminine side?

What player hasn't been drained by Ross? Think Fyfe is even a victim

Chopper Mayne! Clearly a star player under Ross but ruined as soon as he went to Victoria.

On topic sad to see Crozier go as he was always a favourite with his skills being amongst the best in the club as well as being really passionate - just never got enough of the pill. Off HB he shined and I really have no idea why after the second half of 2016 playing there he was moved forward in 2017 (I think the implosion of Shane Yarran was the main reason). WB def the winners out of this trade and he will flourish if playing mostly HB in an attacking game plan.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to go with probably frowned upon, but I can't say i've ever dealt with it :p. I think you might be better off creating a mailing list, Scrag. Your finest work deserves a captive audience, not the undeserving eyes of the unwashed masses.

Uhhh... Good luck Hayden. Happy to have him here.

If you can get Croz to be consistent for all 4 quarters most weeks, then you've got a pretty good player there. More consistent of the half back, beautiful field kick and mark, but if he gets some consistency forward and get his goal kicking back to what it was a few years ago, you've got a good HFF. Wish him the best

I'm going to go with probably frowned upon, but I can't say i've ever dealt with it :p. I think you might be better off creating a mailing list, Scrag. Your finest work deserves a captive audience, not the undeserving eyes of the unwashed masses.

Uhhh... Good luck Hayden. Happy to have him here.
I actually think a Western Bulldog Erotic Fiction thread would be a ripper (no Stringer innuendo of course). Igloo I think I am going to give it a run whilst the Mod’s are off-duty. Stand by.

This thread got awesome real quick. I'm all in on Scrag's footy based light erotica. Surely a burgeoning new genre.

Oh, and play JJ forward with crozier on board.

Go dogs.
Scrag's definitely been Poster of the Week for mine. He's in great form. Outstanding young man.

I actually think a Western Bulldog Erotic Fiction thread would be a ripper (no Stringer innuendo of course). Igloo I think I am going to give it a run whilst the Mod’s are off-duty. Stand by.
Working title ... "Doggy Style"?

Good to read all the positive stuff from the Freo supporters. We haven't seen where he will be played yet but it seems hbf is his go. I trust in the club and hope Crozier has a long and successful career with us, but do we really need another hbf? Biggs, JJ ( can go forward) , Williams, Webb, Suckling, R Smith we have a few.

Always had a lot of time for Crozier.
Initially thought he was a half forward, but when he went back to half back last year due to injuries I thought he had found his place. Sadly he played half forward and was adequate in a dysfunctional forward line.
He has tremendous vision and field kicking. Use that off half back and he's a winner. I really don't understand why we didn't leave him there.
The only ? mark constantly asked of him was that he doesn't produce for 4 quarters. The defense for that is simple. Lyon game plan kills our half forwards. We've trialled Neale, Mundy, Walters and a host of others. No one succeeds at half forward for Freo.

Good luck with him. A change of scene hopefully does him good.

Good to read all the positive stuff from the Freo supporters. We haven't seen where he will be played yet but it seems hbf is his go. I trust in the club and hope Crozier has a long and successful career with us, but do we really need another hbf? Biggs, JJ ( can go forward) , Williams, Webb, Suckling, R Smith we have a few.
Yes we do need another capable HBF.

The modern game rewards sides with defenders who can break the lines and deliver accurately.

Biggs has earned one spot through his composure, his recent consistency and his occasional ability to play tall (eg against Buddy), though not super quick and nothing outstanding with his kicking.
Williams is just a work in progress, but is promising.
Webb still can't get a regular game and certainly hasn't yet convinced everyone that HBF is his go.
Suckling can deliver long and accurately (mostly) sometimes clearing the lines, but is not a strong 1-on-1 defender even against similar sized players. Has the occasional howler.

None of the above have much pace.

JJ
has it all but there's probably a greater need for him up forward or in the midfield, having observed our 2017 deficiencies there.
R.Smith is still a project player with only 2 senior games under his belt and recovering from an ACL - even if he becomes a best 22 player it's more likely to be in 2019 than 2018. From memory he's reasonably quick and good in the air for his height so he is certainly a candidate. I have high hopes for him but there's no way we could count him as a ready-made AFL standard HBF yet.

We are probably looking for 3-4 running defenders in any selected 22. So we already have 2 who are probably locks without being outstanding (Biggs and Suckling). I reckon Crozier is a better fit than any of the others at this stage (bar JJ of course) so he would be my third, with the improving Williams not far behind. Maybe all 4 would fit into a chosen 22.

Then there's the risk of injuries. IMO R.Smith and Webb might be able to do the job but shouldn't be considered adequate insurance at this stage. We could of course pull JJ back but that weakens us up forward again. Hunter would perhaps be another option if we had multiple injuries.

Little doubt in my mind that Crozier plays Rd 1 2018. Otherwise why recruit him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back