List Mgmt. Welcome to the Kennel Hayden Crozier

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm going to go with probably frowned upon, but I can't say i've ever dealt with it :p. I think you might be better off creating a mailing list, Scrag. Your finest work deserves a captive audience, not the undeserving eyes of the unwashed masses.

Uhhh... Good luck Hayden. Happy to have him here.

Is that part of the storyline ?

Jul 23, 2011
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Good get this guy, keen to see what he'll add to our side. Was hoping he would be used as an attacking wing but half back's fine if he's as good an intercept mark as they say he is. Good age and character profile. Low risk pick up. Wish him luck and really, really hope he succeeds with us cause it'll be a perfect fit if that's the case.

King Harold

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Cleveland Indians
Very much like picking up Crozier for next to nothing.
But that also tells me his career so far has largely been disappointing.
Let's not get too excited just yet.

We seem to give traded in players the lowest numbers available
Probably because they have established their credentials, whereas draftees outside the top 20 take a while to do that. When they eventually do show they are the genuine article they often get offered an upgrade.

From memory, Murphy, Moyd, Dahl, Campbell, etc have all changed jerseys while others like Picken, Moz, Ayce, Jong, JJ have declined the offer - probably quite a few others on our current list who have changed or been offered a change but I can't remember them all.

Bailey D (and maybe Bailey W) has now earned a shot at a higher number if he wants one.

Glad we are planning on playing Crozier at half back
Reduces pressure on Woody in terms of third man up in contest and having someone similar in leaping ability

Ozil

Club Legend
Dec 10, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Might be on my own here but I'd rather one of our youngsters gets it, Bailey Dale would be top of my list.
Can see an argument for that, I like when players hold onto higher numbers though.

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Can see an argument for that, I like when players hold onto higher numbers though.
Shout out to Lin, 46 is such an odd number but obviously holds significance to him which is cool. But I would prefer someone already attached to the club is offered the lower numbers, particularly #2 following Bob's tenure before offering it to others if nobody accepts it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Braybrook Son

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Shout out to Lin, 46 is such an odd number but obviously holds significance to him which is cool. But I would prefer someone already attached to the club is offered the lower numbers, particularly #2 following Bob's tenure before offering it to others if nobody accepts it.
Will be interesting to see who takes Kennan Reynolds’ old number 2 next year!

cherrypie

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He's really come along well since coming back from injury and continues to improve which is good to see. Gives his all every week and was one of our few decent players in the first quarter last night. Ended up with 95% disposal efficiency and his first goal.

Same. Still annoyed Dunkley gave up the PREMIERSHIP winning number 20. And Young's done nothing with 2. Naughton and Richards would have been ideal 2 and 5. What's the big deal with a lower number anyway? Think of all the great players across the League who've gone through with high numbers.

Caleb 35, Jong 46, Moz 38, JJ 39, Dicko 29, Picko 42 - their numbers are synonymous with their names, to me.

What happens when Wally and Dahl give up the sacred 3 and 6?? Chaos is what.

Same. Still annoyed Dunkley gave up the PREMIERSHIP winning number 20. And Young's done nothing with 2. Naughton and Richards would have been ideal 2 and 5. What's the big deal with a lower number anyway? Think of all the great players across the League who've gone through with high numbers.

Caleb 35, Jong 46, Moz 38, JJ 39, Dicko 29, Picko 42 - their numbers are synonymous with their names, to me.

I thought #39 was always going to mean Tony Liberatore to me (even though he abandoned a higher jumper number to get that one!) It's funny that with recent history, it's now more about JJ than Libba.

Leviticus

All Australian
Oct 15, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Someone should demand the sacred number 69. The Club should hire Stormi Daniels to host the jumper presentation.

Back