List Mgmt. Welcome to the Kennel Hayden Crozier

Remove this Banner Ad

He almost got us the win with that attack in the air at the end. Not many blokes play like that.

Since that first Norf game he’s been basically 2015 Easton Wood. JMac cops a lot of flack on here but he deserves a lot of credit for this pick up.
The minute or two before that attack he had 3 -4 repeat efforts too. Hi last few minutes were excellent.

Nice pick up, nice trade, nice age profile.

Hayden Crozier (Height to weight profile).
2012- 184 cm, 68 kg.
2013- 185 cm, 78 kg.
2014- 185 cm, 78 kg.
2015- 185 cm, 80 kg.
2016- 185 cm, 80 kg.
2017- 185 cm, 83 kg.
2018- Elite.
As usual Yojimbo nailed it ELITE it is, thanks Crazier my man. Top 100 for average metres gained, you're the man.

Has shown to be a brilliant recruit by the club, making that half back position his own. His last 10 weeks were outstanding.

DCD9A7CB-2D7B-4858-8940-A403083ADC68.jpeg

Averages after the bye read - Kicks: 15.8, Marks: 6.3, Handballs: 6.7, Disposals: 22.5, Tackles: 2.5, Rebound 50s: 5.6, One Percenters: 4, Intercepts: 5.8, SuperCoach points: 98.4

Also polled Ching votes in seven of his 10 games. The 17 votes he earned after the bye was the 4th most, only behind Hunter (21), Bontempelli (20) and Macrae (18).

Quickly became one of my favourites, looking forward to him continuing this form next season.

Love a good thread revival that no one asked for, a bit late and needed to get it in before our next game. But i'd like to stake my claim on this guy. Went to the game last Friday night Tier 1 members reserve amazing view. Not the greatest of games skill wise from both teams but this guy is seriously becoming a favourite as each game goes by of the season. I feel like he's already gotten back into the form he was showing last half of 2018 and we're only entering Round 5 2019. Absolutely called it for him to take that hanger, was sitting right behind him and what a sight it was (along with all of Naughties 3 monster grabs), but this guy can seriously hold his head high for his desperation for the contest on many occasions since last year. There are many bravest/toughest players more notable in the league who have put it all together to gain such a status but some of this guys efforts should seriously get him into that category. There were 3 key marks he took on Friday night; the hanger, an awkward out of position grab which any normal player would drop, and one where he put his body on the line on the half back line which actually built up into a goal. Despite not managing the spoil on a talented Jamie Elliot, the desperation he showed to get back and make him earn it is why I'm loving this guys recruitment even more where Elliot ended up missing it badly (I like to think because of Croz's effort). And he's not doing much wrong with his disposals/decision making; 2 moments of frustration were Caleb Daniel and Easton Wood having the ball with free kick time to decide and end up coughing it up HTB without gaining any meterage, whereas I trust this guy to at least give it a 50+ meter launch on the left when he really has nothing else on. And lastly, I forget which quarter it was but I believe it was early in the last where the game was there to be won where the ball was on our half back line from the center bounce and he was absolutely manic to spoil a possession in his 1 on 1 and did everything he could to apply a tackle/pressure to De Goey I think it was. Just thought this guy deserved a player thread shoutout as he's now put many performances like that together and could really rise the ranks of underrated to a real half back threat of the game.

Love a good thread revival that no one asked for, a bit late and needed to get it in before our next game. But i'd like to stake my claim on this guy. Went to the game last Friday night Tier 1 members reserve amazing view. Not the greatest of games skill wise from both teams but this guy is seriously becoming a favourite as each game goes by of the season. I feel like he's already gotten back into the form he was showing last half of 2018 and we're only entering Round 5 2019. Absolutely called it for him to take that hanger, was sitting right behind him and what a sight it was (along with all of Naughties 3 monster grabs), but this guy can seriously hold his head high for his desperation for the contest on many occasions since last year. There are many bravest/toughest players more notable in the league who have put it all together to gain such a status but some of this guys efforts should seriously get him into that category. There were 3 key marks he took on Friday night; the hanger, an awkward out of position grab which any normal player would drop, and one where he put his body on the line on the half back line which actually built up into a goal. Despite not managing the spoil on a talented Jamie Elliot, the desperation he showed to get back and make him earn it is why I'm loving this guys recruitment even more where Elliot ended up missing it badly (I like to think because of Croz's effort). And he's not doing much wrong with his disposals/decision making; 2 moments of frustration were Caleb Daniel and Easton Wood having the ball with free kick time to decide and end up coughing it up HTB without gaining any meterage, whereas I trust this guy to at least give it a 50+ meter launch on the left when he really has nothing else on. And lastly, I forget which quarter it was but I believe it was early in the last where the game was there to be won where the ball was on our half back line from the center bounce and he was absolutely manic to spoil a possession in his 1 on 1 and did everything he could to apply a tackle/pressure to De Goey I think it was. Just thought this guy deserved a player thread shoutout as he's now put many performances like that together and could really rise the ranks of underrated to a real half back threat of the game.

Reminds me a lot of peak Shiggsy

In a game against the Tiggies where we really needed to win after 4 deflating losses, and delightfully got it; more than just getting over the line, it was probably one of the more better team performances to remember in a while where everyone at least contributed with plenty of players that could've been listed in the bests. But here we are with this guy, probably one of if not the only player on the team that can really keep his head up for each game he has played thus far for 2019. As a few have mentioned in this weeks autopsy thread, putting together a hell of a season so far and would be up there for B&F votes, if not possibly leading unless Bonts coaches awards suggest otherwise. I can't recollect any moment from yesterday that he was ever caught with it, panicked or cost the team going the other way; or any week previous for that fact. Gets the ball on that launchpad left foot and his implementation in defense has been a revelation. And what a game to be among the best in a week where there were plenty, 134 Supercoaches equal with Naughty and Dunkley (who seriously monstered the game in the midfield), a huge 625 metres game with Bont next best on 496m; and as Norm De Guerre pointed out in the autopsy thread, a whopping 96.4% DE from 28 Disposals, 19 Kicks...
Officially obsessed with the effort and great performances this guy keeps putting in and in a team with fluctuating performances where many have come and gone from the glory year with fan favourites/media spotlights probably going to Bont/Naughty, this guy is now a favourite and wanna give him a bit of spotlight share around here at least.

Happy to see Crozier playing well. Leaving us was 100% the right decision. Always enjoyed watching him play.
In a game against the Tiggies where we really needed to win after 4 deflating losses, and delightfully got it; more than just getting over the line, it was probably one of the more better team performances to remember in a while where everyone at least contributed with plenty of players that could've been listed in the bests. But here we are with this guy, probably one of if not the only player on the team that can really keep his head up for each game he has played thus far for 2019. As a few have mentioned in this weeks autopsy thread, putting together a hell of a season so far and would be up there for B&F votes, if not possibly leading unless Bonts coaches awards suggest otherwise. I can't recollect any moment from yesterday that he was ever caught with it, panicked or cost the team going the other way; or any week previous for that fact. Gets the ball on that launchpad left foot and his implementation in defense has been a revelation. And what a game to be among the best in a week where there were plenty, 134 Supercoaches equal with Naughty and Dunkley (who seriously monstered the game in the midfield), a huge 625 metres game with Bont next best on 496m; and as Norm De Guerre pointed out in the autopsy thread, a whopping 96.4% DE from 28 Disposals, 19 Kicks...
Officially obsessed with the effort and great performances this guy keeps putting in and in a team with fluctuating performances where many have come and gone from the glory year with fan favourites/media spotlights probably going to Bont/Naughty, this guy is now a favourite and wanna give him a bit of spotlight share around here at least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ot would be fair to say that a lot of so called 'experts' on here did not have this guy in our best 22...
First off, not having a did at you, or anyone for that matter. but can you not see how your post sticks out as strange? I don't really see the point in a post like this libba, it just doesn't advance a thread about Croz at all, unless posters fueds resulting in page counts is the intent. Not you in particular i have no idea if this is your 100th time posting this or 1st, i don't bother tracking posters, but every thread has this sort of post now.

Do you expect that those who didn't think he was good enough would be upset that we have a quality half back instead of a list clogger? I reckon they may be pretty thirlled they were wrong... for now. I thought Croz was an awesome signing, others didn't, i reckon Dale is a winner, other don't... but i also wasn't sure about Gowers... wow he really showed me... or did he? It is a career of work, and at the end of that career, those who didn't think someone was capable are usually the first to come out and call themselves out, with pride, in same way adding that as an extra accolade to the player.

Things can change very quickly in football and even quicker regarding players form or fortunes. You'd think after Stringer our supporters would be aware of this and wait about 5 to 10 years before gloating becomes an option. There are more then enough examples in our history to show players can play rubbish for several years and then become top notch, and other play several years well, promise the world, and ultimately be failures.

No response to the above part is required from anyone, i just needed to get my thoughts on this forum trend of late, out of my system. Lets stick to how well Croz is playing. He has turned out to be a 2016 Biggs and then some.

He seems are rather extroverted type from a TV persepctive, always smiling and yapping. Like he has always been a part of this group. It's great to see his comfort at the dogs off the field translating perfectly with how comfortable he looks out on the field. He has already filled me with a confidence when ever he is near the contest, similar to the aura Dale or Liam give off. You're almost suprised when he doesn't come out with it.

The epitome of Moneyball recruiting. Massive upgrade on Biggs as much as it pains me to admit that.
Just remember Biggs had a great first two seasons. I thought he was stiff (I assume he was told he wouldn’t be retained, therefore retired) to be shown the door ahead of Roarke Smith considering his 2015 & 2016 seasons. Even start of 2017 he wasn’t too bad.

Crozier doing great right now, no question, but considering Biggs’ 2018 drop off I’ll wait before getting too excited.

He is an excellent long kick of the ball and does so often. Other players should take note.
The combination of Him, Hunter and Macrae moving up the wing on the left using their left boots probably adds a few milliseconds to the time they get to get a kick off, in a game of fine margins it is working well and great to see.

Just remember Biggs had a great first two seasons. I thought he was stiff (I assume he was told he wouldn’t be retained, therefore retired) to be shown the door ahead of Roarke Smith considering his 2015 & 2016 seasons. Even start of 2017 he wasn’t too bad.

Crozier doing great right now, no question, but considering Biggs’ 2018 drop off I’ll wait before getting too excited.

Trust me, I haven't forgotten how good Biggs was at his peak. But I think Crozier has him covered. I also don't care where he is in two years. I am stoked that he is playing fantastic footy right now and I'm comfortable in calling his recruitment a success.

KB and the Doc interviewed him today on SEN, very well spoken diplomatic as well. Loving being back in Melbourne, enjoying his footy and playing in defence.

He said while he loved his time at Freo, “he needed a fresh start” (sounds familiar), was played up forward at Freo, but Bevo told him he wanted him in defence. Nice to hear a fresh start is coming to us rather than away from us.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back