Toast Welcome to the Kennel Lachlan Young

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 2, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-11-23/afl-rookie-draft-pick-6-lachlan-young

The Western Bulldogs have selected the Dandenong Stingrays product Lachlan Young with pick 6 in the NAB AFL Rookie Draft.

Young is a rebounding defender who possesses a penetrating kick and strong intercept marking skills.

He has the versality to play through the midfield or on the wing, and is known for his competitiveness.

Young played in Under 18 competition in 2018 as a 19-year old. He is a Stingrays Premiership player and represented Frankston at league level in the VFL.

Lachlan Young profile

DOB: 06/04/1999
Height: 190cm
Weight: 82kg
Position: Defender
Club: Dandenong Southern Stingrays

Leviticus

All Australian
Oct 15, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Very nice kicking action in these highlights. Can never have too many players with that skill on our list.

Yep, agree - looks like the Club is working on raising the standard of kicking by picks like this. Appears to be very mobile too.

If you're a rebounding defender on an AFL list, or trying to get on one, your name will appear someone on a WBFC spreadsheet.

How many half backs are we collecting like stamps lol

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Really like the look of him. Lovely kick, great size and very mobile. Wonder if he we see him moving up onto the wing like it says he can play. Would be nice to add some height through the middle of the ground. I know were stacked for HBs but not really 3rd tall types and it says he can play multiple positions so I really like this pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Welcome Lachlan Young only used 114 draftees and 33 matures to compile my phantom this year and
you were not one of them, but welcome can't have enough rebounders who can kick and gain metres.

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Any more footage of this kid floating around? Only seen the 1min vid of him on dogs site but I'm a huge fan of what I see. Absolutely love his kicking and also the way he takes dangerous kicks into the corridor and nails them. I think he might just surprise and be one of our better pick ups this year tbh. Right around him.

Did we draft anyone who is not in the top quartile of draftees wrt kicking skills?

Seems a recurrent theme. And not before time.

West, perhaps?
West kicking is pretty good for a inside midfielder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back