Avrage disposals19.4
Average marks2.2
Average tackles5.6
Average inside 50s3.1
Average rebound 50s1.5
Average frees for1.1
Average frees against1.5
Average DT points77.54

West should have got a Brownlow that yeAr instead of woewodin.
How WW got 3 votes for a 17 disposal performance in the midfield still baffles me.

Doesn't matter, we still get Rhylee who gets to play with Dale Morris. Just like his dad did.

How WW got 3 votes for a 17 disposal performance in the midfield still baffles me.

Doesn't matter, we still get Rhylee who gets to play with Dale Morris. Just like his dad did.
Stephen Powell had 32 and kicked 2 goals...no votes, Cam Bruce had 19 and kicked 4...no votes. Westy was robbed.

Stephen Powell had 32 and kicked 2 goals...no votes, Cam Bruce had 19 and kicked 4...no votes. Westy was robbed.
Weren’t there a few suggestions that something else was ... umm ... a bit “odd” that year? Especially as Woewodin did nothing much after that year. He was one of the least impressive medallists in recent times.
Or was it just the bottles of hydrogen peroxide he used to catch the umpire’s eye? (Something that West and others like Akermanis did too IIRC)

Was too young to remember watching his old man, having just turned 18 this year, but you can already tell this kid is going to be an important part of this team for the next 10+ years. Small sample size I know, but I know a player when I see one, and Rhylee is as tough as they come.

Didn't Woewodin get 2 votes in their last game that year? Came off the bench (for his first run in the match) just before half time and never really got into the game.

A friend of mine was at the Brownlow that year. She said the WCE players, whose table was next to the Dogs, all turned and congratulated Scotty on his win as Woey couldn't possible get a vote in the last round. Next minute...😨

Didn't Woewodin get 2 votes in their last game that year? Came off the bench (for his first run in the match) just before half time and never really got into the game.

A friend of mine was at the Brownlow that year. She said the WCE players, whose table was next to the Dogs, all turned and congratulated Scotty on his win as Woey couldn't possible get a vote in the last round. Next minute...😨
Something fishy definitely happened with that game. Woewodin wasn't even in the top 10 on field, let alone top 3, yet he somehow polled. That's two Brownlows the club has been robbed of, between West and Grant, in the space of 4 years

Ian Collins like this

Weren’t there a few suggestions that something else was ... umm ... a bit “odd” that year? Especially as Woewodin did nothing much after that year. He was one of the least impressive medallists in recent times.
Or was it just the bottles of hydrogen peroxide he used to catch the umpire’s eye? (Something that West and others like Akermanis did too IIRC)
Woewodin singled out Shane Charters for thanks in his Brownlow speech for help with 'the diet and everything'
Certainly adds to the fishiness given the subsequent sharp drop off in form

As an interstate based Dogs fan these days, I hadn't seen Rhylee before Sunday other than brief clips. He most reminds me of his Dad when he wins the ball in a pack. I reckon Scott had the best in tight evasive skills of any Bulldog I've seen and Rhylee is so similar, with the instinctive shimmy and shake of the hips. Gonna enjoy watching that over many years to come.

Woewodin singled out Shane Charters for thanks in his Brownlow speech for help with 'the diet and everything'
Certainly adds to the fishiness given the subsequent sharp drop off in form
Hmmmm ... Shane Charter had something to do with Dank and the Essendon saga didn't he?

I gather when you say "fishiness" you're not talking about a seafood diet.

As an interstate based Dogs fan these days, I hadn't seen Rhylee before Sunday other than brief clips. He most reminds me of his Dad when he wins the ball in a pack. I reckon Scott had the best in tight evasive skills of any Bulldog I've seen and Rhylee is so similar, with the instinctive shimmy and shake of the hips. Gonna enjoy watching that over many years to come.

You'd swear that Scott cloned himself somehow when watching Rhylee play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd swear that Scott cloned himself somehow when watching Rhylee play
And there's three more to come! Cooper and Kobi (twins, draft year 2021) and Levi (draft year 2026).

I don't know if they are going to be any good - I don't even know if they football - but if anything gets the AFL to tighten the F/S rules it'll be the Dogs having 4 elite West kids on their list. ;)

Since day 1 he's attack on the ball has been as hard as any in the league. These type of players don't just not make it.
He's very similar to Jack Viney, not polished but hard as hell.

Since day 1 he's attack on the ball has been as hard as any in the league. These type of players don't just not make it.
Yeah if Clay Smith could make it with his skills anyone with a similar mindset can.

Alongside his genuine ferociousness he actually has elite traits too like cleanliness, vision and hands in congestion. He also has the Libba style of contested ball winning - getting in and under but staying on your feet. Compare this to Wally for example, who also has a brilliant attack on the contest but he refuses to stay on his feet, he finds himself on hands & knees every single time - there’s just very limited place for that in todays game.

Throw in some ability around goal and decent first few steps of burst from a contest and you’ve got a pretty handy package. Keen to see where he ends up

Yeah if Clay Smith could make it with his skills anyone with a similar mindset can.

Alongside his genuine ferociousness he actually has elite traits too like cleanliness, vision and hands in congestion. He also has the Libba style of contested ball winning - getting in and under but staying on your feet. Compare this to Wally for example, who also has a brilliant attack on the contest but he refuses to stay on his feet, he finds himself on hands & knees every single time - there’s just very limited place for that in todays game.

Throw in some ability around goal and decent first few steps of burst from a contest and you’ve got a pretty handy package. Keen to see where he ends up

In his draft combine he was top 3 in agility, which is a trait you wouldn’t really expect from him. Very nimble on his feet, which is a nice little bonus that contributes to him being a very tough player to tackle.

In his draft combine he was top 3 in agility, which is a trait you wouldn’t really expect from him. Very nimble on his feet, which is a nice little bonus that contributes to him being a very tough player to tackle.
Yeah the agility is key to his work inside 50, he also finished top 10 for vertical leap too which is a bit surprising, he’s really not too bad athletically, I think he’s a bit underrated in that regard.

He’s got Libba replacement written all over him. But for the time being, he’s proving to be a handy forward. Keep him in. He is the type of player that can make a difference come finals. Built for those types of games.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back