Toast Welcome to the Kennel Taylor Duryea

Remove this Banner Ad

Bevo would have seen him first hand at the hawks, so would have to think he's got a fair idea as to what he is getting and has a role in mind for him.
Has been a tick with Suckling, so have to back it again.

Well done TD. Good luck with the Dogs.

A solid contributor to a good team, at Hawthorn in 2018 he was a known commodity, so with the coaching staff view a premiership was not a possibility, he was overlooked for younger, unknown alternatives. Despite his lack of opportunities this year, Duryea IS actually a pretty good player. Only small of stature, he is ultra-competitive in the air with a good leap, and at his best playing on opposition medium marking players (flankers) rather than genuine small forwards. A neat kick (good, not great) and can be damaging if given space. Tough, will throw himself at anything and anyone, but doesn't play the niggle game like some tagging/defensive players. I don't believe he has the tank to play wing, nor the clean hands to play onball, but has the flexibility to fit into any periphery position (flanks/pockets).

A solid clubman, and very active socially, taking leadership roles in off-field pursuits and supporting younger players transition to senior footy. You could do a hell of a lot worse IMO.

Future 4th. meh...

Matt Thompson: "Dogs could've got him as a free agent."

not 2 seconds later.

Nick Bowen:"Dogs don't want to risk their Dahlhaus compo."

Norm: "whoops!"

I honestly didn't know that Matt was still alive. I wish he wasn't, his cluelessness represents everything wrong with the AFL media cabal.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TD worth similar to Scully.

Must be good.

ahahahahahah

557159_fbc156beea8371b2f0bf2b014a5be8a2.png

This is a trade that I'm not happy with; doesn't improve the team at all and at the back of the line as a defender. Sure he brings in experience but he doesn't really add anything.

But whatever, he's a Bulldog.

He's a quality foot soldier to get.

He's a lovely kick, leaves it all on the field and is a great clubman (won best clubman this year I believe). For what you have paid he is a good pickup.

Not the most exciting acquisition. But the trengove and crozier acquisitions weren't exciting last year and they ended up being very handy for us. Just have to assume that theres some kind of plan with all of the players of his type we have. Wouldn't be bad if suckling and Richards were moved forward to make room.

He’s cheap, he’s experienced and he’s in the age bracket we lack.

Don’t think he’ll be a regular in the best 22 with Wood, Johannisen, Crozier, Suckling, Richards as well as Daniel and Williams spending time back there, but guys like Honeychurch (13), Smith (10) and Webb (5) played a lot of games this year and Duryea would be well above them in the pecking order.

He's a quality foot soldier to get.

He's a lovely kick, leaves it all on the field and is a great clubman (won best clubman this year I believe). For what you have paid he is a good pickup.
But what are his deficiencies?

Thanks Duryea for everything you’ve given the Hawks. Taken with Pick 69 in 2009 draft.

He will be a valuable player and veteran leader for a lot of the young Western Bulldogs defenders.

Good luck at the Western Bulldogs! :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back