Toast Welcome to the Kennel Taylor Duryea

Remove this Banner Ad

Won’t set the world on fire, but is a great clubman and will give you honest effort week in week out.
He certainly doesn’t lack courage, uses the ball well and will at the very least set a good example for the younger kids (having come from a strong program - i.e he may help get some of your guys who have been down since 2016 back on track).
For a future 4th rounder he’s gonna be better than anyone you could have drafted and at least you know what your getting.
Basically a free hit for no risk.
I hope he gives you guys good service.
Best of luck Doc and the Doggies for 2019 (and beyond).

THE TWO-TIME!

THATS RIGHT

TWO-TIME PREMIERSHIP HERO TAYLOR DURYEA

Sam Power, take a bow. We did it. We made it boys.

Scrag , can you come and sit with me for a while when I am in heavens waiting room.
Listening to your amusing pearls of wisdom while waiting for my name to be called out will be be a welcome distraction.;)

In the highlights package of him on the Bulldogs site it has him marking in a one on one against Sam Lloyd.

I don't mind it. Our track record picking up fringe players has been pretty good under Bevo.

Hamling, Biggs, Crozier.

Gowers would have been a fringe AFL player in 2017 had he been on a list then so you have to add him to the list too. I am trusting Bevo to get the best out of Dureya.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s cheap, he’s experienced and he’s in the age bracket we lack.

Don’t think he’ll be a regular in the best 22 with Wood, Johannisen, Crozier, Suckling, Richards as well as Daniel and Williams spending time back there, but guys like Honeychurch (13), Smith (10) and Webb (5) played a lot of games this year and Duryea would be well above them in the pecking order.

Agree. Not sure how many of those three's games overlapped and noting that Webb suffered a serious injury (but you have to recognise he was absolutely a fringe player) but it would seem that Duryea is an upgrade who could in fact play the entire season ahead of those three - if 2019 is like 2018.

Welcome Taylor Duryea. You should be a shoe-in for 22 games in 2019.

Scrag , can you come and sit with me for a while when I am in heavens waiting room.
Listening to your amusing pearls of wisdom while waiting for my name to be called out will be be a welcome distraction.;)
Interesting thought there KH. Such a fine ling between heaven and hell. Here we are worried about fire-lakes but what if you are left waiting for a very, VERY long time...what if scrag following you for eternity is your reward, while watching reruns of the 2018 trade period endlessly.

Good luck to Doc at the Doggies.

He will give his all and when he has a good game is capable of being a decent defensive foward as well as a back flanker/pocket.

Very prone to brain fades that will leave you thinking “What the hell was that” but 5 minutes later will put his body on the line for the team.

Will be a very popular clubman.

You guys will be happy with this move soon enough. He's not a superstar but he is definitely serviceable and can add something. Has some fantastic moments and you can guarantee he will be a great clubman.

Best of luck to Doc. Hope you guys are a good fit.

Look, it's nice seeing all these Hawks supporters coming here to wish him well and boost him.

But look at the avatars. Too much brown and gold. My Auntie worked all her life in a laundry. Let's just say, Hawthorn ain't her favourite team.

Hard as a cats head and will always give 100% but has a tendency to do some dumb things.
He wont set the world on fire but he'll do whatever job is required with full commitment...not bad for basically a free hit.

I'm genuinely sad to see him go. Anyway, sorry for invading your board and I hope it works out well for player and club.

Under what circumstance does this guy get a game?

Does he play before Wood, JJ, Williams, Crozier, Daniel, Suckling or Richards? There's 7 half backs in front of him! Even if Richards moves to the wing and Williams on ball, Duryea is still nowhere near getting a gig.

Don't get it at all.

Under what circumstance does this guy get a game?

Does he play before Wood, JJ, Williams, Crozier, Daniel, Suckling or Richards? There's 7 half backs in front of him! Even if Richards moves to the wing and Williams on ball, Duryea is still nowhere near getting a gig.

Don't get it at all.

Competition for spots in a team is what you want. Keeps every player on their toes.

If Taylor is not getting a game because all those players you name are playing so well that he doesn't get a look in that's fine.

A squad strength is important.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back