Toast Welcome to the Kennel Taylor Duryea

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting thought there KH. Such a fine ling between heaven and hell. Here we are worried about fire-lakes but what if you are left waiting for a very, VERY long time...what if scrag following you for eternity is your reward, while watching reruns of the 2018 trade period endlessly.

If I have to " watch re runs of 2018 trade period endlessly" I want Scrag with me.
One thing I think we can all agree on , Scrag's never boring ;)

Under what circumstance does this guy get a game?

Does he play before Wood, JJ, Williams, Crozier, Daniel, Suckling or Richards? There's 7 half backs in front of him! Even if Richards moves to the wing and Williams on ball, Duryea is still nowhere near getting a gig.

Don't get it at all.
Wood to play the intercepting role he's best at, not so much a rebounding defender. Similar to McGovern.
JJ is more of a wingman these days, Richards will probably grow into a similar role. Gia hinted Williams' future is as an inside mid. Suckers can play anywhere pretty well.

Wood to play the intercepting role he's best at, not so much a rebounding defender. Similar to McGovern.
JJ is more of a wingman these days, Richards will probably grow into a similar role. Gia hinted Williams' future is as an inside mid. Suckers can play anywhere pretty well.

Agree with everything you say.

This is how I see our side moving forwards:

FF: Mclean Scache Lloyd
HF: Gowers Boyd Smith
R: English Jacko Bont
C: Hunter Williams JJ
HB: Duryea Naughts Daniel
FB: Wood Cordy Crozier

Dunks Richards Suckling Libba

I’m never all that enthusiastic about fringe players but to be fair he got a regular game for a contender for a number of years.

Having him might allow us to release Richards, Suckling or JJ further up the field so it may work ok. Best of luck to him.

He's durable which puts him ahead of half our list already.
For virtually a free hit we can't complain. I'd have him ahead of Smith in the backline, not sure he'd swing forward too often considering we just picked up Lloyd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully this is the one that finally blows up for the Hawks. They’ve done very well with Hale, Lake, Burgoyne and O’Meara, all of whom arrived with question marks over longevity.
They already had a miss with O'Rourke

I hope he has a good couple of years with us now. Change of club and playing style may suit him. Good luck Taylor!

Really excited to see how Taylor goes, has the tools to be a great system player for us. Has the chance to play difference roles while also being a good clubman.

We didn't lose in this deal.

Future 4th. meh...

Matt Thompson: "Dogs could've got him as a free agent."

not 2 seconds later.

Nick Bowen:"Dogs don't want to risk their Dahlhaus compo."

Norm: "whoops!"

I honestly didn't know that Matt was still alive. I wish he wasn't, his cluelessness represents everything wrong with the AFL media cabal.
Hasn't been the same since he left SEN imo

The young WB list could do with some more leadership and Duryea will be great for the culture.
He's also more than handy as a player - can lock down a small forward, play the intercept role or be the defensive small forward.
He's versatile and useful, though he's not going to be a match winner - but not everybody needs to be.

He will do all the basics right, serve as a good example for others and mentor the younger guys - surely there's plenty of value in that?
Anyhow, good luck. I still think the Bulldogs are on the rise.

This is a trade that I'm not happy with; doesn't improve the team at all and at the back of the line as a defender. Sure he brings in experience but he doesn't really add anything.

But whatever, he's a Bulldog.

I feel like a bit of a dickhead now, he's a rock in our defense and a great clubman.

I feel like a bit of a dickhead now, he's a rock in our defense and a great clubman.
We do have a habit of bringing in experienced players with a specific role in mind.
Crozier was a departure from this because he was great for a few years in defence after not quite making it as a forward. I hope O'Brien offers the same level of service

Remove this Banner Ad

Back