Toast Welcome to the Kennel Taylor Duryea

Remove this Banner Ad

Under what circumstance does this guy get a game?

Does he play before Wood, JJ, Williams, Crozier, Daniel, Suckling or Richards? There's 7 half backs in front of him! Even if Richards moves to the wing and Williams on ball, Duryea is still nowhere near getting a gig.

Don't get it at all.

This guy clearly has no idea.

Duryea clearly plays in front of Wood, JJ, Crozier, Suckling and Richards.

I remember round 4 I think it was in 2019 against Collingwood and I was cursing his name as one of our worst ever recruits. Has shut me up and some, cheers Taylor!

My only issue with Duryea is that there isn't another one of him. Won us the final against Brisbane just as much as Bailey Smith did. That high quality small lockdown defender is incredibly valuable.

I always liked him at Hawthorn and was sorry to see him leave. He was a good contributor to our 2014 and 2015 premierships: he played almost every game in those seasons, always put his body on the line and had pretty good skills. I never worried about him like I did with a few of our other young players.

That backs-to-the-wall defensive effort he made against Charlie Cameron with seconds remaining in the Semi Final is what won you the game! Cameron was on fire early on, but Duryea shut him down; kept him goalless in the 2nd half.

I always liked him at Hawthorn and was sorry to see him leave. He was a good contributor to our 2014 and 2015 premierships: he played almost every game in those seasons, always put his body on the line and had pretty good skills. I never worried about him like I did with a few of our other young players.

That backs-to-the-wall defensive effort he made against Charlie Cameron with seconds remaining in the Semi Final is what won you the game! Cameron was on fire early on, but Duryea shut him down; kept him goalless in the 2nd half.
I remember him playing a great prelim against freo over in wa for the hawks in 2015.

Gutted to see him go down tonight, he’s an underrated lockdown defender.

All signs point to an ACL. Going the early call, but I think he’s going to hang up the boots now. He’ll be 32 next season and would miss most of it anyway. Being out of contract this year, won flags and doesn’t need to do much more in the game, I think this will be it for Doc

Gutted to see him go down tonight, he’s an underrated lockdown defender.

All signs point to an ACL. Going the early call, but I think he’s going to hang up the boots now. He’ll be 32 next season and would miss most of it anyway. Being out of contract this year, won flags and doesn’t need to do much more in the game, I think this will be it for Doc
Fingers crossed it's a strain or partial tear.

He doesn't deserve his career to finish on that note.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back