Toast Welcome to the kennel Treloar

Surely can have a week off during the bye round. He would still train well over that time. Ultimate professional. Should give him similar leniance to what Martin got when he was allowed to go visit his dad.
Getting adz mental state right will go a long way to getting him back to his best footy
In the past for Perth games we've had WA players fly out early and fly home later. I'm sure we can ask for two Queensland games next year and the AFL will love us for it.

glenashley

Club Legend
Apr 26, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Summary was that he was disappointed in how this played out externally but no hard feelings with the pies and he will give his all and finish his career with us.

Was attracted by our culture from an external perspective and coming across has confirmed that for him.

Said that Mondays meeting with bevo sealed the deal and he 'fell in love with bevo'.

stefoid

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 8, 2002
home
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Source on that? The only reports I've read, ie from Sam Edmund, is that Collingwood are paying that amount.

ah, something I read, cant remembe, but it was dismissive of the previously reported 300K figure

I guess despite being unexpectedly tipped out, we've all been fired at one time or another, and moving from a $900K job at one workplace to the same salary at another workplace isnt the worst thing that ever happened - he'll survive!

Last edited:
Make way for another disillusioned Pies supporter.

Look after Treloar, he's a good lad.

Does he turn the ball over sometimes? Yes, I suppose.

Is he a fan of defensive running? Well, not so much.

But he does run, and he loves his football, he knows how to find it, and I believe that he has some stellar football ahead of him.

I miss his goofy grin already.

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dogs vs gws 2021.
Who does de Boer go to?
Going to cause alot of headaches with bont macrea treloar and dunks running threw the middle. Tag one and the others will run riot.
Are we going to concede any clearances next year?

Oct 12, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'd paid enough attention to know Treloar is a gun player but not enough to realise he is a very intelligent and well grounded guy. That video has literally erased any concerns about his mental health for me. This is a well grounded, ultimate professional that will give 100% every time. What a pick up!

Ironically just puts pressure on Dunks to perform as Treloar oozes those same hard working, professional, driven attributes. As much as I appreciate Dunks has been good in not bagging the club at all (as well as appreciate he's probably a brownlow contender at Ess), he still asked the question so I'm OK with the Treloar decision pressuring him.

Summary was that he was disappointed in how this played out externally but no hard feelings with the pies and he will give his all and finish his career with us.

Was attracted by our culture from an external perspective and coming across has confirmed that for him.

Said that Mondays meeting with bevo sealed the deal and he 'fell in love with bevo'.
Agree. It wasn't so much what he said but how he said it. He comes across as sincere and says he "wears his heart on his sleeve". No wonder he fits in with Bevo!

I have no doubt he'll give 100% and he'll be good for the club culture too (not to change it necessarily, but to keep it from getting out of balance when we have players like Hunter doing his thing). He also said very emphatically that he's physically in the best shape he's ever been and can't wait to get started.

They gave him a good grilling (most of the interview was about what happened at Collingwood) but he refused to dump on anyone there, not even Bucks. He was very honest in saying that he most definitely had wanted to finish his career at the Pies and that was still his expectation a couple of days ago. However he now accepts that won't be happening and he is clear that he will play out his career at the Bulldogs.

I know you have to say the right things in front of the cameras but he had me convinced. On character I'd have him well ahead of Dunkley any day. An uncomplicated and disarmingly candid young man. The more I see of him the happier I am with the trade.

Last edited:
Round 1 v Collingwood 2021.

Opening bounce. Big Stef Martin smacks the ball right down Bont's gullet. Bont dishes a slick handball to the running Treloar. Treloar bangs it home from 50. All within the first 10 seconds.

Please and thankyou.
Rinse and repeat.

Mar 27, 2009
Whitten oval
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
Agree. It wasn't so much what he said but how he said it. He comes across as sincere and says he "wears his heart on his sleeve". No wonder he fits in with Bevo!

I have no doubt he'll give 100% and he'll be good for the club culture too (not to change it necessarily, but to keep it from getting out of balance when we have players like Hunter doing his thing). He also said very emphatically that he's physically in the best shape he's ever been and can't wait to get started.

They gave him a good grilling (most of the interview was about what happened at Collingwood) but he refused to dump on anyone there, not even Bucks. He was very honest in saying that he most definitely had wanted to finish his career at the Pies and that was still his expectation a couple of days ago. However he now accepts that won't be happening and he is clear that he will play out his career at the Bulldogs.

I know you have to say the right things in front of the cameras but he had me convinced. On character I'd have him well ahead of Dunkley any day. An uncomplicated and disarmingly candid young man. The more I see of him the happier I am with the trade.
Well summed up. What an amazing interview. Wow just oozed a leader to me. What a pick up for our club

Leon

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2004
Bound for Germany 2006!
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Harry's Heroes
Confession: I’m completely out of the loop with the going’s on of this trade period, especially the past few days - me and my infant daughter both been sick and I’ve basically paid no attention to what’s been happening.

Can someone explain to me very simply what happened between Treloar and Collingwood?

PS I’m thrilled that we’ve got him, welcome to the Kennel Adam.

Collingwood supporters a fuming and have launched a petition...

Looks like it is going well over there...

1605272135461.png

Confession: I’m completely out of the loop with the going’s on of this trade period, especially the past few days - me and my infant daughter both been sick and I’ve basically paid no attention to what’s been happening.

Can someone explain to me very simply what happened between Treloar and Collingwood?

PS I’m thrilled that we’ve got him, welcome to the Kennel Adam.
  • They mismanaged their salary cap. Badly.
  • Decided they needed to offload some high cost players and Treloar was right up there.
  • Then they totally mismanaged the communication with Treloar, told lies about teammates not wanting him there and concocted a rationale he would have trouble performing at the required level because his partner would be in Qld playing with the Firebirds.
  • Buckley got roped in to do some of the dirty work.
  • Treloar hurt by the way he was treated.
  • WB basically the only takers and Collingwood had painted themselves into a corner so we got a bargain.
  • Sam Power a demigod.

Leon

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2004
Bound for Germany 2006!
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Harry's Heroes
  • They mismanaged their salary cap. Badly.
  • Decided they needed to offload some high cost players and Treloar was right up there.
  • Then they totally mismanaged the communication with Treloar, told lies about teammates not wanting him there and concocted a rationale he would have trouble performing at the required level because his partner would be in Qld playing with the Firebirds.
  • Buckley got roped in to do some of the dirty work.
  • Treloar hurt by the way he was treated.
  • WB basically the only takers and Collingwood had painted themselves into a corner so we got a bargain.
  • Sam Power a demigod.

Thanks heaps dogwatch.

Im not a Collingwood basher or hater but I understand their fury if that’s what’s happened.

Any hoo, always liked Treloar as a player and hearing him speak he seems like a decent guy so am thrilled to have him on board.

Thanks heaps dogwatch.

Im not a Collingwood basher or hater but I understand their fury if that’s what’s happened.

Any hoo, always liked Treloar as a player and hearing him speak he seems like a decent guy so am thrilled to have him on board.
Agree. I quite like Collingwood and feel sorry for their supporters.
We know the feeling. They'd be gutted.

Thanks heaps dogwatch.

Our players are already getting around him and his partner and child. He loved that Bevo wanted to hear more about his wife’s career than his. He seems very open, sincere and committed.

Seedsman_

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 2, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leeds United
You’ve got an exceptional midfielder who busted his arse week in, week out for us and bled for the club. I’m truly astonished with how the club treated one of our favourites and hope that his experience with the dogs will be an enjoyable and successful one. I’ll be watching with keen interest next year as I can’t recall a team with a stronger midfield in recent memory. Good luck next year Doggies fans!

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dogs vs gws 2021.
Who does de Boer go to?
Going to cause alot of headaches with bont macrea treloar and dunks running threw the middle. Tag one and the others will run riot.
Are we going to concede any clearances next year?

We really need to put a huge amount of work into our stoppage craft throughout preseason and get some chemistry in there. With the talent we have we should be not just winning the count but winning very effective clearance after clearance. Need to get the right balance between offensive & defensive but geez it’s a scary thought how dangerous they can all be together

Back