Toast Welcome to the kennel Treloar

Come across from the dark side, Foley. Arthur (Edwards) did. Buy a membership.

Never!

1605556637007.jpeg

who_let_the_dogs_out

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Just discovered a free $20 bonus bet in my tab account to apologise for the weekend outage.

Got Adam at $41 for the Chaz.

Bloke has averaged 28 touches a game since debut.
Hate to be that guy, but there's way too many blokes to take votes off any of our mids now.

Maybe that's why Dunks wanted out.

Lindsay_Gilbee

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
My god! How’s the language, emotion and feeling coming from the Pies supporters!!! I feel really sorry for them, not in a condescending way... but as fellow supporters that are passionate about their club. It’s not right what has happened.
I actually like the Pies and most of their supporters. Definitely feel sorry for them.

it’s just that fat dictator of a president I dislike about the club.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I actually like the Pies and most of their supporters. Definitely feel sorry for them.

it’s just that fat dictator of a president I dislike about the club.
Apart from a couple of dicks on the main board most have been decent to converse with. The majority were also rightly dismayed at the treatment of Treloar.

Can someone explain to me how this Treloar stuff is still dragging out after the trade period ?
It's a contract dispute between Treloar and Collingwood that Collingwood are insistent we help them out with. We aren't interested. It's a beat-up. Treloar may have to end up suing Collingwood...but I'd doubt Collingwood would go that far. There doesn't appear to be any issue between Treloar and us.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Can someone explain to me how this Treloar stuff is still dragging out after the trade period ?
All parties are trying to work out how his 900K contract is distributed in an official sense. (On the AFL above board books)

Collingwood do not agree with our position on his value and think any monies he agreed to push back were written into his new five year deal which he agreed to before the covid situation caught them sailing too close to the wind.

How he was treated was bad, but we live in strange times.

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think a few people underrate how good Treloar is, he isn't perfect but being able to get your hands on the pill still counts for an awful lot.

Since stats were first kept in the 1960s, Adam Treloar is the only player (150 games minimum) to average over 28 disposals per game (28.03). He is statistically the greatest ball winner since records were kept.

If that's not enough to make us Dogs fans smile, the player who is number 2 on the list of all time most prolific ball winners is Jack Macrae (27.94).

No-one is really close, the next best (Dane Swan, Greg Williams, Lachie Neale) are in the 26s.

There really should have been some kind of an article about how the 2 best ball winners in AFL history (factually not opinion) have found themselves on the same team

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Fantastic result. We still pay the amount we committed to, with the added benefit that by front ending, we get a bigger chunk of Treloar's contract out the way now, and free up space for 2022 onwards to pay for re-signing Bontempelli and Williams, plus English and Smith the following year. Very happy with how it's turned out

Never invite Sam Power around for a game of poker. You will leave without any money or pants and still somehow feel like a winner, as he and your missus pat you on the back as they lead you out the front door of your own house.

Last edited:

The Buck

All Australian
Sep 23, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
From the Hun:

Western Bulldogs and Collingwood settle Adam Treloar contract dispute
Western Bulldogs have stood firm over what Collingwood must contribute towards Adam Treloar’s salary but agreed to a small concession.

Michael Warner
December 11, 2020 - 4:59PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
4 comments

You're watching
No.1 pick Jamarra Ugle-Hagan dressed by Bont

AFL: The Western Bulldogs have matched the Crow's opening pick and selected Jamarra Ugle-Hagan with pick one of the draft, the key forward couldn't hold…

Collingwood has failed in its bid to force the Western Bulldogs to stump up extra cash for star recruit Adam Treloar.
The Dogs held their ground and will not be paying Treloar a cent more than a five-year, $600,000-a-season contract agreed last month with the cast-off Magpies midfielder.
A resolution to the contract dispute reached on Friday means the remaining $1.5 million owed to Treloar over the next five years will be paid to him by the Magpies.
But the Bulldogs have agreed to front-end some of Treloar’s first-year wages in a bid to assist Collingwood in managing its salary cap.
Kayo is your ticket to the best sport streaming Live & On-Demand. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >
Pies football chiefs raised eyebrows after the Treloar trade went through by claiming the Dogs had agreed to further negotiations over how much his new club would be contributing to his total wages.
Treloar was traded to the Bulldogs along with picks 26, 33 and 42 in exchange for the Dogs’ No.14 pick and a future second-round selection in the last minute of last month’s trade period.
Official contract documents will be filed with the AFL in the coming days.Treloar will now have separate contracts with the Dogs and also with Collingwood.
Collingwood’s trade period calamity - losing Jaidy Stephenson, Tom Phillips, Atu Bosenavulagi and Treloar for little compensation - has been off-set by a strong night at the draft table, where the club secured five young stars within the first 31 selections.
Highly-fancied father-son prospect Nick Daicos, son of club legend Peter Daicos, is also a certainty to join his brother Josh at the club in next year’s draft.
The Bulldogs will pay $600,000 a season of [PLAYERCARD]Adam Treloar[/PLAYERCARD]’s five-year contract, with the Magpies to foot the remaining $300,000 a year. Picture: NCA NewsWire

The Bulldogs will pay $600,000 a season of Adam Treloar’s five-year contract, with the Magpies to foot the remaining $300,000 a year. Picture: NCA NewsWire
The day after he was traded, Treloar revealed how hurt he was by Collingwood’s treatment of him at the end of the 2020 season.
The Western Bulldogs recruit said he was shocked to be told by Magpies coach Nathan Buckley that teammates did not want him, given the strong relationships he had built across five seasons at Collingwood.
“To be told that, when I don’t think that’s the truth, and to be told that there’s some players that don’t want you there when I know the majority of the players love me and care for me, that did hurt a bit,” he said.
“But they were adamant on moving me on, so no matter how they were going to go about it, it was going to happen. It was a fight up until the end, because I wanted to be at Collingwood.”

Last edited:
So the top three arse hole clubs from the 2020 trade period can now be awarded:

Premiers (yet again):
:essendon:
Essendon for leading on the entire Dunkley clan as well as Pickering and Essendon's media fanboys before squibbing on the whole deal and embarrassing all of them. Then not even having the integrity to put Kyle D on their list as promised, proving how hollow their whole proposition was.

Runners-Up:
:collingwood:
Collingwood for mismanaging their TPPs, panicking and offloading some of their better players, giving them dodgy stories about their reasons, failing to communicate openly and empathetically with them and then trying to duck their contracted financial commitments and even spinning a story to the media about us agreeing to discuss details later.

Third (a fair way back admittedly):
:adelaide:
Adelaide for cracking the sh*ts that we wouldn't trade them pick 14, for denying their supposed target player Thilthorpe the honour and $20k bonus for being No 1 pick and for then spinning a dubious story about their cunning plan to bid on Jamarra so they could nail their man at pick 38.

Good luck in having other clubs, managers and players want to deal with you in good faith in future, guys!

Oct 12, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Adelaide for cracking the sh*ts that we wouldn't trade them pick 14, for denying their supposed target player Thilthorpe the honour and $20k bonus for being No 1 pick and for then spinning a dubious story about their cunning plan to bid on Jamarra so they could nail their man at pick 38.

To be fair it's a reasonable reason. Some good picks around there. Guessing we'd have Phoenix Spicer on the list if the bid was pick 2 or 3.

Bulldogs85

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
NBA- Houston Rockets
Sign Sam power to a new 10 year contract extension right now

Hobdog

Premiership Player
May 20, 2007
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So the top three arse hole clubs from the 2020 trade period can now be awarded:

Premiers (yet again):
:essendon:
Essendon for leading on the entire Dunkley clan as well as Pickering and Essendon's media fanboys before squibbing on the whole deal and embarrassing all of them. Then not even having the integrity to put Kyle D on their list as promised, proving how hollow their whole proposition was.

Runners-Up:
:collingwood:
Collingwood for mismanaging their TPPs, panicking and offloading some of their better players, giving them dodgy stories about their reasons, failing to communicate openly and empathetically with them and then trying to duck their contracted financial commitments and even spinning a story to the media about us agreeing to discuss details later.

Good luck in having other clubs, managers and players want to deal with you in good faith in future, guys!

Outstanding journalistic work here Dogwatch

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Apparently Peter Ryan reported that Collingwood are paying 1million over 5 and not 1.5. Can anyone confirm ?

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Apparently Peter Ryan reported that Collingwood are paying 1million over 5 and not 1.5. Can anyone confirm ?
Peter Ryan is a great journalist....until he talks about Collingwood. We all have our blind spots and Collingwood is his. 1.5 million dollars reported on SEN website but who knows?

ExRoyboy

Premiership Player
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Utah Jazz
I think a few people underrate how good Treloar is, he isn't perfect but being able to get your hands on the pill still counts for an awful lot.

Since stats were first kept in the 1960s, Adam Treloar is the only player (150 games minimum) to average over 28 disposals per game (28.03). He is statistically the greatest ball winner since records were kept.

If that's not enough to make us Dogs fans smile, the player who is number 2 on the list of all time most prolific ball winners is Jack Macrae (27.94).

No-one is really close, the next best (Dane Swan, Greg Williams, Lachie Neale) are in the 26s.

There really should have been some kind of an article about how the 2 best ball winners in AFL history (factually not opinion) have found themselves on the same team
Great piece of research there. Well done!!

I agree that this should have surely got some sort of coverage.

Love the pick up of Treloar by the way. I think he will be perfect for us with the way he runs and carries the ball. You can’t have enough great quality midfielders. And we don’t have that many players that do what he does. He is quicker than Macrae and will be a great link player. May even allow us to rest our midfield more and Bont to play more forward. This will be a big difference maker.

Back