Toast Welcome to the kennel Treloar

Remove this Banner Ad

So the top three arse hole clubs from the 2020 trade period can now be awarded:

Premiers (yet again):
:essendon:
Essendon for leading on the entire Dunkley clan as well as Pickering and Essendon's media fanboys before squibbing on the whole deal and embarrassing all of them. Then not even having the integrity to put Kyle D on their list as promised, proving how hollow their whole proposition was.

Runners-Up:
:collingwood:
Collingwood for mismanaging their TPPs, panicking and offloading some of their better players, giving them dodgy stories about their reasons, failing to communicate openly and empathetically with them and then trying to duck their contracted financial commitments and even spinning a story to the media about us agreeing to discuss details later.

Third (a fair way back admittedly):
:adelaide:
Adelaide for cracking the sh*ts that we wouldn't trade them pick 14, for denying their supposed target player Thilthorpe the honour and $20k bonus for being No 1 pick and for then spinning a dubious story about their cunning plan to bid on Jamarra so they could nail their man at pick 38.

Good luck in having other clubs, managers and players want to deal with you in good faith in future, guys!
A “like” simply does not do this post justice, DW. Outstanding work.

Quietly horny that normal length quarters have been confirmed for next season and we can roll with elite mids at all times whilst other clubs need to put through part timers and youngsters

As an example:

Martin, Bont, Macrae, Libba
Naitanui, Shuey, Yeo, Kelly

English, Treloar, Dunkley, Smith
Allen, Sheed, Duggan, Redden

Great piece of research there. Well done!!

I agree that this should have surely got some sort of coverage.

Love the pick up of Treloar by the way. I think he will be perfect for us with the way he runs and carries the ball. You can’t have enough great quality midfielders. And we don’t have that many players that do what he does. He is quicker than Macrae and will be a great link player. May even allow us to rest our midfield more and Bont to play more forward. This will be a big difference maker.
I always thought we needed another midfielder with genuine pace. Imagine defenders panicked with Naughts and Marra deep forward and Smith or Treloar burning through the middle to deliver it deep before the defence can get set.
Or the inability for them to have time to peel of and be third up in the contest.
If they dont mark it will bring Weightman/ Garcia right in the frame to get dangerous.
There is an element of risk with Treloars hamstring issues but with the depth of our midfield group should be very manageable by spreading midfield minutes to manage loads. Feel that his acquisition adds a lot to our midfield mix

I don't mind that we weren't his first choice. I wasn't my misso's first choice either but now she's stuck with me so what difference does it make?

Were you your misso's second round choice, or were you just a rookie draft choice after all the good blokes were taken in the main draft?

Peter Ryan is a great journalist....until he talks about Collingwood. We all have our blind spots and Collingwood is his. 1.5 million dollars reported on SEN website but who knows?
I actually read the printed version and it makes no sense because at the end of the article it says that the Dogs did not waver on the $600k offer and that the Pies and Treloar have settled on the balance

Well done Doggies, stuck to your guns & got your man at the right price.
Just because they think they are the super club, they can’t bully the Bullies.
All the best for next season, hopefully you will finish runner ups to the Saints. 😉

I actually read the printed version and it makes no sense because at the end of the article it says that the Dogs did not waver on the $600k offer and that the Pies and Treloar have settled on the balance

Yep, this is what the article says:

The Bulldogs have been adamant they were prepared to pay Treloar around $3 million for the five years remaining on his contract and have not shifted on their agreement to pay that amount to Treloar with the Magpies agreeing to a complex deal that sees Treloar receive what he is entitled, with separate contracts in place.
my emphasis

I had exactly the same impression. Ryan's article states that the Pies are paying less than 1 Mill over the 5 years of his contract and that this outcome was acceptable to both parties. Further in the article he states that we have consistently stuck to our original call to pay only 3 Mill of the total 4.5 Mill over 5 years. I need the true deal on paper (like it should have been in the first place) !!

I had exactly the same impression. Ryan's article states that the Pies are paying less than 1 Mill over the 5 years of his contract and that this outcome was acceptable to both parties. Further in the article he states that we have consistently stuck to our original call to pay only 3 Mill of the total 4.5 Mill over 5 years. I need the true deal on paper (like it should have been in the first place) !!
I guess what he is implying is what many of us said all along

The Dogs agreed to the $3m offer over 5 and that was agreed by his manager the rest of it was for Pies and Treloars manager to sort.This then implies that Treloar forgave the Pies some money or alternativly it was never $900k times 5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Doggies, stuck to your guns & got your man at the right price.
Just because they think they are the super club, they can’t bully the Bullies.
All the best for next season, hopefully you will finish runner ups to the Saints. 😉
Thanks

one thing the media missed in all this is that it only made sense to the Dogs at the $600k if it were say $700-$900k we would put at risk resigning Bont etc

One thing we can safely say about Sam Power is he is no fool and unlike the Pies knows how an excel spreadsheet works and unlike Dodo he doesn’t operate in the now for a bit of Oct/Nov glory

Premiers (yet again):
Essendon for leading on the entire Dunkley clan as well as Pickering and Essendon's media fanboys before squibbing on the whole deal and embarrassing all of them. Then not even having the integrity to put Kyle D on their list as promised, proving how hollow their whole proposition was.

Runners-Up:
Collingwood for mismanaging their TPPs, panicking and offloading some of their better players, giving them dodgy stories about their reasons, failing to communicate openly and empathetically with them and then trying to duck their contracted financial commitments and even spinning a story to the media about us agreeing to discuss details later.

Adelaide for cracking the sh*ts that we wouldn't trade them pick 14, for denying their supposed target player Thilthorpe the honour and $20k bonus for being No 1 pick and for then spinning a dubious story about their cunning plan to bid on Jamarra so they could nail their man at pick 38.

Good luck in having other clubs, managers and players want to deal with you in good faith in future, guys!

Is there a year Essendon hasn’t made the podium?

Call me a cynic by all means, but.

1: The time on the tweet 5.03 pm on a Friday afternoon.

2: Nothing on AFL site at all, nothing on Collingwood site (Understandable), nothing on Bulldogs site.

3: The language of the Peter Gordon interview.

4: The whole we are only paying 600K and not making up for the Collingwood mistake even though he cost nothing.

5: This is a big story not a weekend burial.

6: The lack of trust in the system just exploded, what is "official" and what is official ?

I guess what he is implying is what many of us said all along

The Dogs agreed to the $3m offer over 5 and that was agreed by his manager the rest of it was for Pies and Treloars manager to sort.This then implies that Treloar forgave the Pies some money or alternativly it was never $900k times 5
Not sure your assessment equates to Ryan's article but we have at least 2 journalists: Sam Edmund from SEN.com and Michael Warner from News Corp stating that Collingwood will stump up the full 1.5m which is certainly the consensus reporting and a much better explanation than Ryan's confusing article.

Maybe it was never $900k X5 but just 900k for some of the years?
Averaged out at 900K a year, some more some less, a bit like the Edmund tweet saying 600K, but finishing with the Bulldogs have agreed to front end it which means it's not a flat 600K at all. This deal goes against the cosmic rule of list management that if you give up nothing the original club pays nothing, examples
2020 Tom Phillips and Peter Wright.

If not for Collingwood we faced a significant deficit for Ugle-Hagan , they gifted us indirectly an extra 696 points.

Averaged out at 900K a year, some more some less, a bit like the Edmund tweet saying 600K, but finishing with the Bulldogs have agreed to front end it which means it's not a flat 600K at all. This deal goes against the cosmic rule of list management that if you give up nothing the original club pays nothing, examples
2020 Tom Phillips and Peter Wright.

If not for Collingwood we faced a significant deficit for Ugle-Hagan , they gifted us indirectly an extra 696 points.
$600k averaged is ok by me it equals the same and it’s better for us to get the $ in the early years. and we did get something we got a player at a relatively bargain price

Nothing for any supporters to be upset about here

Premiers (yet again):

Runners-Up:

Can I nominate Great Waste as equal 3rd just for existing?

Never invite Sam Power around for a game of poker. You will leave without any money or pants and still somehow feel like a winner, as he and your missus pat you on the back as they lead you out the front door of your own house.
Make you feel a winner after walking out losing your house and assets, as long as he gave you a bottle of Jamison on the way out 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back