Toast Welcome to the kennel Treloar

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe the pies are paying the following for Treloar

Year 1 - 245000
Year 2 - 250000
Year 3 - 300000
Year 4 - 300000
Year 5 - 300000
I would think that if we did concede on $300k X 5 and gave them something to help them out, then there would be an agreement for them to do something for us next draft. Perhaps a later pick swap or something.

Is it my bulldogs chip on the shoulder or is it always a major s**t storm whenever the dogs recruit a big name!!??

The crap spoken and still spoken about Tom Boyd and now the Treloar kerfuffle reminds me just how much it seems to annoy the establishment when little clubs strike against the grain.

I would think that if we did concede on $300k X 5 and gave them something to help them out, then there would be an agreement for them to do something for us next draft. Perhaps a later pick swap or something.

He doesnt get 5 x 300 with the pay cut. Like everyone else he losses 3.5%

Last edited:
On re-reading what I have written I have often found to my horror that I've typed "their" instead of "there" and other similar homophonic errors, probably because when I'm writing a conversational BF post it's the phonetics that are more front of mind than the semantics.

So they're you go ... were all fallible.
Is this the beginning of a campaign to elevate the Bulldogs' Board to the most grammatically correct ?

If you've enjoyed Bushies and are looking for something as good but a bit different, try Connemara Peated Single Malt. No smoother but has a smoky quality more usually associated with Scotch whiskys.

The insidious thing is that the more you see a word misspelt (or misspelled, depending on which country you grew up in) the more likely you are to commit that heinous sin yourself. I'm told this happens a fair bit to teachers who see kids' misspelling of words all the time. It becomes normalised and you have to think twice to remember which is right, especially when they are legitimate homophones, so a spell-checker won't pick it up.

On re-reading what I have written I have often found to my horror that I've typed "their" instead of "there" and other similar homophonic errors, probably because when I'm writing a conversational BF post it's the phonetics that are more front of mind than the semantics.

I will be watching what you write very carefully from now on my friend 😜

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe that's all Collingwood wanted, was to the ensure they didn't have to pay the 3.5% covid cut. If so, not sure why it turned into a $hit storm.
something to make the media write something up, have afl issues on papers, radio, tv and other media. and also for us to talk about on Bigfooty. we are all suckers. :cool:

The insidious thing is that the more you see a word misspelt (or misspelled, depending on which country you grew up in) the more likely you are to commit that heinous sin yourself. I'm told this happens a fair bit to teachers who see kids' misspelling of words all the time. It becomes normalised and you have to think twice to remember which is right, especially when they are legitimate homophones, so a spell-checker won't pick it up.

And inappropriate apostrophe's!!!

Is this the beginning of a campaign to elevate the Bulldogs' Board to the most grammatically correct ?

If you've enjoyed Bushies and are looking for something as good but a bit different, try Connemara Peated Single Malt. No smoother but has a smoky quality more usually associated with Scotch whiskys.
No. Grammar nazism (or perhaps it should be called grammar nazissism?) is mostly counterproductive.

However there’s a place for proper expression and spelling even if that place doesn’t have to be the BF board. It’s important to know the right way to put things when it matters, such as a job application, business dealings, teaching, etc. It is likely to count against you if you can’t.

Oh and thanks for the tip on the Connemara Peated. I do like a peaty SM.

No. Grammar nazism (or perhaps it should be called grammar nazissism?) is mostly counterproductive.

However there’s a place for proper expression and spelling even if that place doesn’t have to be the BF board. It’s important to know the right way to put things when it matters, such as a job application, business dealings, teaching, etc. It is likely to count against you if you can’t.

Oh and thanks for the tip on the Connemara Peated. I do like a peaty SM.
I had hoped that the humour of it would be more obvious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back