Toast Welcome to the kennel Treloar

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The insidious thing is that the more you see a word misspelt (or misspelled, depending on which country you grew up in) the more likely you are to commit that heinous sin yourself. I'm told this happens a fair bit to teachers who see kids' misspelling of words all the time. It becomes normalised and you have to think twice to remember which is right, especially when they are legitimate homophones, so a spell-checker won't pick it up.

On re-reading what I have written I have often found to my horror that I've typed "their" instead of "there" and other similar homophonic errors, probably because when I'm writing a conversational BF post it's the phonetics that are more front of mind than the semantics.

So they're you go ... were all fallible.
It’s kinda like playing for the bombers the more you see sh.t footy the more sh.t you become. Doctors refer to it as dodo syndrome!

cherrypie

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The standard 3.20am Friday post.

Been looking at AFL Tables and noticed across Adam's career he averages 0.45 brownlow votes, 28 disposals, 0.56 goals and 4.87 tackles.

However if you narrow it down to just Docklands, he averages 0.85 brownlow votes, 29.95 disposals, 0.76 goals and 5.04 tackles. Pretty good sign for home games

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Been looking at AFL Tables and noticed across Adam's career he averages 0.45 brownlow votes, 28 disposals, 0.56 goals and 4.87 tackles.

However if you narrow it down to just Docklands, he averages 0.85 brownlow votes, 29.95 disposals, 0.76 goals and 5.04 tackles. Pretty good sign for home games
Great observation. Those numbers are ridiculous. Makes sense given his ballistic running capacity. Jeez we've got to be very hard to beat at home this year.

Doggiesfan14

Team Captain
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Perhaps the change of clubs may be beneficial for Treloar’s hamstrings as well. The ongoing talk about Olympic Park not being great for soft tissue injuries may have been a factor..

Perhaps the change of clubs may be beneficial for Treloar’s hamstrings as well. The ongoing talk about Olympic Park not being great for soft tissue injuries may have been a factor..
The forensic medicine team is on top of this one. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He also led Collingwood for average possessions last year by a large margin (Pendlebury who will be 33 next year was third!).
The revisionist history by Pies fans suggesting he's not a gun midfielder is laughable.

If we have either Treloar or Bailey Smith at every stoppage next year, we will a have legitimate burst presence at every stoppage with a player who can win their own ball too. How the hell do opposition coaches match up our B rotations in 2021?

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We wont have a B rotation it'll be our other A rotation 😉
I think that's about right.i reckon the plan is basically either Bont or Macrae as the primary inside attacking mid, Libba or Dunks as the defensive, hard contested mid and then either Treloar or Baz as the burst/receiving inside mid.

Mix and match them rather than a defined a and b group.

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Handballing accumulators yes, no problem with the number of midfielders just the spread of skill sets (309) to go. ;)
I’m not saying I don’t see your point btw, just we get your opinion on it 😝

Im interested to see how we juggle it, Baz, Treloar and Libba could quite easily adjust their games to be metres gained types and utilise their pace and/or long kicks leaving just Macrae & Dunks to be handball/short option first type mids. I don’t think that’s a bad dynamic.

either way it’a a good problem to have imo

He also led Collingwood for average possessions last year by a large margin (Pendlebury who will be 33 next year was third!).
The revisionist history by Pies fans suggesting he's not a gun midfielder is laughable.

If we have either Treloar or Bailey Smith at every stoppage next year, we will a have legitimate burst presence at every stoppage with a player who can win their own ball too. How the hell do opposition coaches match up our B rotations in 2021?
I know he's no longer on our list, but Bevo will still find a way to put Billy Gowers at the stoppage.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think that's about right.i reckon the plan is basically either Bont or Macrae as the primary inside attacking mid, Libba or Dunks as the defensive, hard contested mid and then either Treloar or Baz as the burst/receiving inside mid.

Mix and match them rather than a defined a and b group.
Pretty crazy when you look at it like that. Our "second choice" combination could be Macrae, Dunkley and Smith. That's a top 5 midfield as it is, and it's not even our best 3 players in those roles (although Dunkley and Libba are about even imo)

RedWhite&Blue

Premiership Player
Jul 21, 2005
Vic
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Can you imagine if we had a fit and firing (not perpetually injured) Marcus Adams stationed at FB now - we would be unbeatable

The Buck

All Australian
Sep 23, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Can you imagine if we had a fit and firing (not perpetually injured) Marcus Adams stationed at FB now - we would be unbeatable

Or a Joel Hamling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back