Toast Welcome to the kennel Vandermeer

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 27, 2011
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
New York Yankees
Seriously impressive highlights clip, what are his weaknesses and why didnt he get picked up last year because it doesnt look like he has too many. Looks like he has all the attributes to move into the midfield IMO. Great skills, composed under pressure, brilliant side step, and seriously seriously quick. Love this pick.
Agree, I wonder what his tank is like? Looks like he’ll help considerably with his ability to link up with others, has a decent boot on him as well.

Welcome Laitham

I finding it a amusing that we are becoming the home for Catholic APS school boys.
We've been loading up on players from St Kevin's for years (thanks mainly to father sons) and now we have started with Xavier boys.
It's an interesting change in the demographic of our list from the old Dougy, Brian Wilson & Robert Groenewegan days.

Jan 1, 2015
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Welcome Laitham

I finding it a amusing that we are becoming the home for Catholic APS school boys.
We've been loading up on players from St Kevin's for years (thanks mainly to father sons) and now we have started with Xavier boys.
It's an interesting change in the demographic of our list from the old Dougy, Brian Wilson & Robert Groenewegan days.

Well Bevo did coach St Bedes for 3 years.
Laitham looks quick and evasive, along with Bailey Smith we seem to be addressing our lack of speed. JJ, Richards, Smith and Laitham could break some serious lines in the coming years. If Macrae, Bont, Libba, Hunter Dunkley, McLean, Daniel, Wallis and West ( s**t that’s a deep midfield ) can feed that quartet our forwards could find space easier too. New boys look like they can kick too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westerndog11

Senior List
Feb 28, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Welcome Laitham

True they no longer just a club for English Protestant immigrants.

Sep 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Seriously impressive highlights clip, what are his weaknesses and why didnt he get picked up last year because it doesnt look like he has too many. Looks like he has all the attributes to move into the midfield IMO. Great skills, composed under pressure, brilliant side step, and seriously seriously quick. Love this pick.

His endurance needed to improve and he had a couple injury set backs. His kicking was a bit inconsistent last year as well. Still, unlucky not to be drafted last year I thought.

Dogtrine

Draftee
Aug 16, 2009
shepparton
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Extreme lurker here..... Am stoked with this selection as Laitham went through the primary school I teach at, great kid from a good family, his dad was a gun local player for Mooroopna in the GVFL. He's a dual sided, skillful player who used to run rings around the other kids at school... obviously that doesn't mean much now, but it's good to see a kid who works hard at his footy, is a good character and a genuine nice guy make it onto the Doggies list. Am rapt that Nathan Drummond signed on for Footscray also, another who went through our school, his sister works here also now, hopefully we can get them both back to our school in the Bulldogs colours to try to convince more kids to follow the Dogs! (can count the number of doggies supporters on one hand unfortunately....)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
IMG_20181123_225620.jpg

I see flashes of the great Jason Tutt in his game, if he's twice the player Jason was he'll have a nice career

He’ll need to be 10 times the player tutt was to have a nice career.....:)

Stoked we went for elite speed and skill. No doubt there’ll be wrinkles to iron out, but very happy with the pick.

Dogtrine

Draftee
Aug 16, 2009
shepparton
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Wonder where he got that Bulldogs jumper hes got on.
It beeing the "Through and Through" members jumper you wouldnt think there are alot out there. Maybe a bulldogs fan.
Definitely not a bulldogs fan, his family were all Geelong supporters, maybe it's been borrowed just for the photo!

SteelF6

Debutant
Nov 21, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Cheers for that, i alway enjoy seeing newly recruited footy player photos. They always seem to have gone and got a afl brand jumper or somtimes a Bali special from a mate to put on. Was just odd seeing such a rare jumper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back