Toast Welcome to the kennel Vandermeer

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 11, 2008
West Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Judging purely from the highlights I do see the Tutt comparison. He moves well in space and has a great kicking action. Hopefully he can do it without shitting himself when under the slightest pressure like Tutt used to. If he can I see a very important player for our future.

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
1591934765282.png

I really liked his VFL style of play last year. He might be a bit raw right now but good luck to him. He's quick, but even more importantly in games he actually uses his pace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It's very common for silky/quick players to be a little soft and not like the physical stuff. . . This lad isn't one of them

One of the advantages of playing in empty stadiums is hearing how hard he kicks the ball.

Its the thing that made me an instant fan when I saw him kick the thing during his first open training session.

I have high hopes that he is the hard running, long kicking wingman that Brad Lynch was supposed to and Lachie Hunter will never be.

His debut may even encourage me to tune in. Maybe...

I get excited when I hear when a new player makes his debut. It's a fantastic accomplishment.

But I just know that I'm going to call him Vander Haar or Van der Hum. I'm living in the 70s/80s.

Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies

Love that he trained with Baz 3 times a week over the break (and seems to look up to him despite being older).

Whoyagot

All Australian
Sep 18, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Feel like he has a lot of potential. Great to have the opportunity to build confidence at the level. Hopefully he’ll have a breakout game in the next couple of weeks!

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Breakout game for him tonight, despite the disappointing end.

Three quarters of footy, and he managed 13 disposals, 3 marks, 6 tackles, a goal and 458 metres gained. The next best at 3qtr time is Bailey Williams on 377

This kid is special

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This kid just loves to be involved in the action, constantly running to positions, putting pressure on opponents and tackling. Looks like we might have found a missing link: a quick wing/half forward who kicks well.

If he keeps it up, we could have found that winger we've been looking for, right on our own list.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
He can really play. Like, really really play. Exactly what we've been screaming out for. His inexperience shows defensively, but he doesn't look inherently like a bad defender which is a massive boost to his chances of being a very high quality player. Deceptively strong mark, too. I like him a lot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back