Welcome Welcome to the list - Tylar Young Rookie pick 26

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL website footy feed just said he has played 30 games of footy in his life..... The upside could be ridiculous... It could be horrible too, but what a factoid that is.
His background is interesting, other sports til about 19, then playing with his mates.

Obviously an athletic freak, and learning all the time.

I think we don’t like rotating a player out of the backline to play ruck. Unsettling the cohesion.

Young in should allow grimes and broad to either take a small or zone off more

I agree. But it is interesting. We've obviously got Miller in some other role. But maybe they feel that Sampson can do the AFL level KPF and reckon he could do Ok against the Crows undersized KPDs. So give it a go and hope that it works and start to build that all round tall depth.

I guess you could say the list isn't that....

Young.

csi miami GIF

Waaaaaaa

Nice

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nullified a couple of good contests late in the game and the arm grab HTB on tex in the last was lovely. Did better than I expected in front of a hostile Adelaide crowd
Pretty crazy considering he has less than 30 odd footy games to his name in total at any level

Looks a beauty strong as an ox , self assured with neat disposal , could be a pillar at FB for years to come and really helps Balta with a match up that he can run off
Looks like he will be the next likely type to take on those Gorilla key position forwards
No doubt he has been learning a lot of Taz

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a bonus this guy is for us. Remembering that is his first match at the level and playing on some pretty strong AFL forwards, he held his own really well. If his ceiling is 3rd best tall defender for us that more than justifies his list spot, but something tells me he could be a bit better than that given another year to adjust.

Apparently he has elite pace and agility

looking foward to this kid after 40 games

The coaches have spoken of his competitiveness and you saw it in the second effort tackle on Walker, who looked a bit shocked he had just been given a 360 degree ragdolling by a first gamer.

The coaches have spoken of his competitiveness and you saw it in the second effort tackle on Walker, who looked a bit shocked he had just been given a 360 degree ragdolling by a first gamer.
Shocked that he wasn't given a free kick from the Umpire for being held on too long by Young in the tackle...

Looks like he will be the next likely type to take on those Gorilla key position forwards
No doubt he has been learning a lot of Taz

We desperately need a Alex Rance mentoring type for our KP backs now - I think Balta is getting worse by the year in his defensive understanding. Rance had a massive role in his 2019-20 success, coaching and mentoring his development. With Young another strong KP defender prospect, we should really go hard for a quality mentor to help speed up these 2. we need them

How good can this kid get?!?
Can’t get over the fact he has played less than 30 footy games between vfl and afl level and he is holding his own in his first year in a professional environment

Absolute steal as a rookie selection

Remove this Banner Ad

Back