Welcome to The Locker Room!

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 12, 2004
Inside 50
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The van Berlos
This sub board contains a thread for every Adelaide Football Club listed player, including Rookies and Scholarship Players.

Moderators will open a thread for each player in the format...

jumper number - player name

eg

#23 - Andrew McLeod

The opening post should include vital physical stats about the player, a photo, draft details, contract length, personal profile, honours including games played and achievements etc.....links to any relevant player profiles etc.

We can add to / play with / but ultimately standardise this format as we go.

The OP should also include the names of the posters who have agreed to follow the player closely and post progress and training reports etc.

Please post suggestions here as to the format of the threads.

Kane, Nikki and I will begin populating the forum with new threads........by the National Draft we should have a pretty informative repository.

Re: Welcome to Crow Watch !

Please note - normal Adelaide Forum Rules apply.

Posting rubbish in player threads will result in loss of access to this sub forum - no negotiation.

Re: Welcome to Crow Watch !

Ok, I've gone through the poll thread and added the names of those that nominated a player to 'look' after into the threads that have been created for those players. If we have missed anyone, please let us know.

If there isn't a 'nominated' poster then it means that the player did not have a nomination in the poll and they are 'up for grabs' so to speak. :D

I notice on the club site that the rookies now have their numbers allocated.

#41 - Brodie Martin
#42 - Jared Petrenko
#43 - James Moss (who is still considered a top secret as no photo of him exists)
#45 - Ed Curnow.

Is there any particular reason that only registered users can view this section?

I think it should be able to be viewed by anyone, like the rest of the Crows Board.

A suggestion, Mods.

I'd like to see a thread for past players. It's always good to hear about ex-AFC players still running around at a different level. Bryan Beinke, for example, has signed with the Timboon Demons down on the Great Ocean Road.

Just a thought - do with it what you'd like.

There are a LOT of ex-Crows floating around the place. That's a LOT of threads which we'd need to create - and very few of them would ever get a nibble.

Not against discussing former Crows, but the best option is probably to start a thread in The Backyard. If it gets enough attention I might even sticky it.

Sorry if I didn't make it clear - I meant a single thread for news on all past players.

Happy to work it through the Backyard if you like, but just like the AFC website maintains the past player list, I reckon there's merit in having it part of the locker room.

Just a suggestion for old players once they get removed from our current list (ie Bassett, Biglands etc):

1. Move their thread to the main Adelaide board.
  2. Prefix the thread title with 'Past Player:' so that they are easily searchable.
  3. Place a link to the thread of each player in the opening post of the past players thread, so they are easily accessible.
  4. That way they are easily found, without having 9000 players in the locker room.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm happy enough for the past player threads to remain in The Locker Room. As time goes by without new posts they will naturally gravitate to the bottom of the list. Our current players will almost always remain near the top of the pile.

However, I will be changing the thread titles to "Past Player: " as suggested.

Once a thread is created how long does it stay avilable to be looked at for and posted back for?

The Locker Room has only been open for 2-3 years now. Ever player who has been a Crow in that time has their own thread. Players who are no longer on the list still have their threads, albeit marked as "Past Player".

Going back beyond the creation of The Locker Room there are just too many past players and it's not worth creating threads for all of them. Some (eg. Modra) would have a few posts, the majority would be completely empty. As a result, we have a generic "past players" thread to cover everyone else.

To date only one thread has been deleted (Scott Welsh), once he was traded to the dogs. I've just reinstated that thread. Aside from that exception, all threads will remain open permanently unless there is a good reason for closing them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back