#19 - Fraser Rosman - Pick 34

And Jack Carroll’s really proved himself at AFL level so far I see. Let’s give this kid a chance he is more what we need than Carroll, with our coaching group now we should be able to turn sh*t into gold nugget.
Dude, it's all just a big joke. Sure I would've liked us to pick Carroll, but Rosman still looks a very good prospect and one that we need. I back Taylor in and now with Choco as head of development, our young batch will be even better. Surprised you taken all this Carroll stuff seriously, just a running joke dude.

Last edited:
Dude, it's all just a big joke. Sure I wouldn't liked us to pick Carroll, but Rosman still looks a very good prospect and one that we need. I back Taylor in and now with Choco as head of development, our young batch will be even better. Surprised you taken all this Carroll stuff seriously, just a running joke dude.

Shoulda stayed in character mate, wound up cougar for a few pages, always enjoyable to look back over page one + s**t fights in a players thread a few years later.

Getting Jack Carroll, 'the steal of the draft', at 41 is just another reason for Carlton supporters to enjoy that glorious period between the beginning of the trade period and the half time siren at round one when they're losing to the Tigers by eight goals.

I don't know who Jack Carroll is, maybe he'll be a good player, but presumably there's a reason why he was overlooked 40 times.

I think Carroll would have been a decent Hibberd replacement given he played a lot of general defence as a junior and excelled, but more likely he goes on to become an inside mid now. I do hope we start looking for more small/medium defenders soon though.

Personally I think he's the natural replacement for Dom Tyson. That hair :hearteyes::hearteyes:

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
im playing this bloke round 1 and letting him work it out on the run. dont see what we lose having him out there if he can run a game out. I know he came second in the 2km time trial and top 10 in 20m sprint so means s**t on game day but if he's got the tank chuck him on the wing

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
im playing this bloke round 1 and letting him work it out on the run. dont see what we lose having him out there if he can run a game out. I know he came second in the 2km time trial and top 10 in 20m sprint so means sh*t on game day but if he's got the tank chuck him on the wing

I’d rather just pick our best 22. He can learn in the VFL if he’s not in the best team.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I’d go with Laurie as most likely to debut early and first of the 3. More ready in terms of size for his frame and still glaring issue of needing to convert inside 50s to scores.

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Agree but we've also had at least one first gamer debut in every season under him so I'd expect at least one of the draftees to play.

I usually get concerned when a coach has his back against the wall and needs short term results.

Agree with Topkent here though - Goody needs early wins and our list is ready for that. There are no excuses around playing kids for the long term - we just desperately need to win games with what we’ve got this year.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
I usually get concerned when a coach has his back against the wall and needs short term results.

Agree with Topkent here though - Goody needs early wins and our list is ready for that. There are no excuses around playing kids for the long term - we just desperately need to win games with what we’ve got this year.
how are we ready now compared to 19-20? we aren't any better and we have players falling off the cliff at both ends in Nev and Melksham. still no game winners up front, no line breakers down back midfield is 1 paced. the 'excuse' for playing the kids is they might add what we are missing especially a tall winger who is quick as * who can take a mark and could easily take the spot of an AVB or 1 of the other 12 players who all play similar

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
how are we ready now compared to 19-20? we aren't any better and we have players falling off the cliff at both ends in Nev and Melksham. still no game winners up front, no line breakers down back midfield is 1 paced. the 'excuse' for playing the kids is they might add what we are missing especially a tall winger who is quick as fu** who can take a mark and could easily take the spot of an AVB or 1 of the other 12 players who all play similar
Nev didn't even play last year lol.
If they kids are in our best 22 players they'll play but most likely 3 teenagers don't be the best side we can put out next year.

Back