#19 - Fraser Rosman - Pick 34

cougar000

All Australian
Oct 9, 2007
In a house
AFL Club
Melbourne
I’m really hoping Rosman turns out to be a better player than Homes just to stick it up Geelong as what they give up to get ahead of us to get Homes, and I feel he will be 🤞

My point is that I’m not worried about him not blooding kids if he doesn’t think they are best 22.

Just coach to win the most possible games.
This conversation hasn’t been about ‘blooding kids’ it’s been about whether or not they’ll be picked R1 based on merit.

Jason Taylor on Demonland pod said that Rosman played really well in preseason games. Had about 13 shots at goal across two games.

🤔

Just me or is "he had 13 shots at goal" recruiter code for he actually kicked 2.11 😂

ABray10

All Australian
Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Guy looks like he could be good but would be shocked if he earns selection for round 1 after not playing this year. Would take a big showing in the preseason games for any of the draftees to earn a round 1 spot

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Melksham is definitely best 22 for now. Not sure what happened last year. He disinterested at times. If we’re to play finals footy and win finals he is very important.

Definitely in Goody’s eyes it seems. I reckon he should be on very thin ice after last year and wouldn’t be shocked if he’s not best 22 next year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Disagree but understand he'll likely be backed in as a senior player. I still reckon we can't play him and Fritsch in the same team.

It's not so much those 2, it's you can't play Brown/Weid/Melk and Fritsch in the same team.

Those 2 with Brown and 3 crumbers would be fine.

Melksham and Fritsch have made a lethal pairing when both on song IMO. Problem is that Melk hasn’t been on song for a while. If 22 decent players are in form you can generally find a way to successfully make them work together.

LarryDavidNeitz

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
Melksham brought two things to the table when he was playing well - good delivery inside 50, and he was winning a huge proportion of 1 v 1s he was involved in.

For the last 18 months he hasn't been winning 1 v 1s, in fact he would be the least preferred target in our front half. So he's become pretty much useless. If he can't start winning his own ball again he can * off.

Obviously the new draftees have to prove they can win more ball and put on more pressure than Melk and AVB, ANB to get a game, but to be honest it's not a high bar after last year. Easily achievable for a progressive first year player.

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I see Rosman as more of a project player. He could surprise and break into the team. But I don’t see him playing forward unless we have injuries. We already have a fair bit of height in that area. Maybe he’ll develop as a tall wingman/forward at Casey.

I see Rosman as more of a project player. He could surprise and break into the team. But I don’t see him playing forward unless we have injuries. We already have a fair bit of height in that area. Maybe he’ll develop as a tall wingman/forward at Casey.
He’s five years younger than Weideman, six years young than Fritsch and ten years younger than Brown. The hope would very much just be that he’s still on the list when those guys are done, and able to form a decent forward combo with Jackson by then. If he develops on the wing beforehand that would be handy, as you say.

Back