Remove this Banner Ad

Tulip

Hall of Famer
May 3, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham
You have picked up a really good kid, Jake is a ripper guy and has put in the hard yards to get where he is now. He played div 1 footy for Highett last year, was on the wing against Billy Hartung and ended up BOG. He will give it his all to get the best out of him self and not leave leaving a stone un turned.
Wing!?

Say no more.

Gysberts2Bate

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I would love to see a midfield of Gawn, Jackson, Bowey and Laurie. How sick would that be. Imagine the huddle before the bounce.
I’d love to see us throw Gawn, Jackson, Tomlinson and Petracca together at random centre bounces just for the sheer size from otherwise extremely mobile players. Wouldn’t work regularly but would be an interesting change up throughout games.

A11dAtP0w3R

Enjoying my teams losses more than I should 😙
Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers. Zach Wilson.
After taking some time to have proper look at our draftees tape I got say, Bowey is probably already the best field kick on our list.

Outstanding technique , thought/creativeness and poise.

His size/weight scared me but those skills are magnificent. Am convinced we have a genuine gun of the future in him.

Laurie is a bit more hit and miss by foot. His highlights look great but I think he will put in some stinkers some weeks. Im nowhere near as high on him as I am Bowey (or Rosman for that matter).

Rosman , geez, hes so unique. I can see why we were intrigued. His size and speed seems unfair. For a left footer hes got a pretty unco technique tho, looks effective enough but not a great kick. The athleticism is off the charts though.

Grimesy87

Club Legend
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Apparently Kelly O'Donnell sees the same footballing traits in Bowey as he did with Toby Greene, but just a bit faster.

Gysberts2Bate

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Apparently Kelly O'Donnell sees the same footballing traits in Bowey as he did with Toby Greene, but just a bit faster.
Greene is a fair bit taller and has a big leap which defines a lot of his play style, seems like an odd comparison.

Gysberts2Bate

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
You've clearly missed every MFC release on him, they've mentioned Bowey has a big leap almost ad nauseam.
Have to take at least some of that with a grain of salt and I don’t remember it in any of the footage I’ve seen but will be pleasantly surprised I’m sure. If he can get his hands on the ball at senior level it seems like he’ll be a game breaker.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Have to take at least some of that with a grain of salt and I don’t remember it in any of the footage I’ve seen but will be pleasantly surprised I’m sure. If he can get his hands on the ball at senior level it seems like he’ll be a game breaker.
running vertical jump of 88cm so decent for the little fella. If Rosman actually has 1 of the best tanks at the club during the pre season im chucking him on the wing and Bowey at half back so he can kick it to the bastard and create chemistry between those 2 and fu** it chuck Bill on the half forward line. they can take Nevs, spare wing and Hannans/Milkman/the other dwarfs spot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad