Player Watch Shane McAdam

Remove this Banner Ad

After 2 years in the AFL system, and back in his home city ....this is unusual

Sounds like he has some "learning" & "guidance" required, and Eddie's the man
Betts has been one of our best recruitment storys both on and off the field.

Head of Football
Wasn’t that Burton interview on Sportsday SA awful ..... the guy speaks terrible and would find it hard to command respect .... yes on knowledge of footy fitness, but not on life experiences or mentoring young players or coaches

And I desperately hope, once he retires ....Betts is kept at the club, a in a player welfare role

Imagine being a young Aboriginal bloke and having Andrew McLeod and Eddie Betts turn up to your place to talk to you about maybe coming to play for Adelaide

And I desperately hope, once he retires ....Betts is kept at the club, a in a player welfare role
Unfortunately i think i read somewhere last year that, whilst she doesnt mind adelaide, eddie’s wife is very keen to move back home to vicco as soon as eddie retires from playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn’t that Burton interview on Sportsday SA awful ..... the guy speaks terrible and would find it hard to command respect .... yes on knowledge of footy fitness, but not on life experiences or mentoring young players or coaches
No empathy which is almost number 1 trait needed dealing with young men

Cause he's talked about it in interviews. His talk was he wasn't super keen to stay involved in football post his playing career and wanted to move back to Victoria and get into teaching with younger kids.
He could still do that, working with Andy McLeod & his work

Cause he's talked about it in interviews. His talk was he wasn't super keen to stay involved in football post his playing career and wanted to move back to Victoria and get into teaching with younger kids.
Could be exactly right but I too remember when Wayne Carey said he was going to retire buy a servo in his old country town.

People change their minds.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

Insecure and over compensating
When Burton is talking on a subject he knows, he's very fluent in his delivery & slows the delivery down .....in area's he feels under pressure he speeds up his delivery, voice is an octive higher, and he Um's and Ar's an incredible amount .....he's obviously very nervous

Could be exactly right but I too remember when Wayne Carey said he was going to retire by a servo in his old country town.

It sometimes depends on the offers that are tabled

IIRC Bulldogs Tom Campbell retired from the Bulldogs .....then came out of retirement to join North :think:

Could be exactly right but I too remember when Wayne Carey said he was going to retire buy a servo in his old country town.

That's exactly right

Scott Thompson wasn't interested in coaching post-football either.

Then when the time gets nearer they realise the huge opportunities that are available to them in football compared to the outside world. Also the value their 15 years in the game brings compared to their 0 years of experience elsewhere.

That's exactly right

Scott Thompson wasn't interested in coaching post-football either.

Then when the time gets nearer they realise the huge opportunities that are available to them in football compared to the outside world. Also the value their 15 years in the game brings compared to their 0 years of experience elsewhere.

Thompson was originally planning to be a fireman when he left, him and Sloane were doing qualifications together. I reckon he learnt that firemen don't get paid a few hundred grand per year and decided to go into coaching.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back