Mr_Moogle

Brownlow Medallist
May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Just curious, and not that it would ever happen, but would Crows supporters take Mitch McGovern back, even if he came at a reasonable price?
Nah. He was made to look better than he really was by players around him. As soon as he went to Carlton, his true value was revealed. West Coast or Freo will end up getting him for basement wages.

SuperBashBros

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just keeps getting better with every game. Great year to be exposed to AFL and get a taste.

Hopefully that fuels his off season. A fitter and more settled McAdam could be very handy next year.
Better and better and better.

Brownlow votes for him tonight.

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
Really happy for him to be finding his feet at AFL level and clunking his marks.
IIRC, I said he was a great overhead mark for his size and great second and third efforts and tackling.

adelaidecrows

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 6, 2010
Wasleys
AFL Club
Adelaide
I can see him being that dangerous forward pocket on the 4th to 5 best defender. Once we get our midfield right and better ball movement and add some more class to our forward line he will almost certainly be a huge weapon. So far I'd say we have just two of our 6 pieces up forward long term.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

dylan123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Was a huge game for McAdam, feel like we got the full package tonight. I think his pack marking is amazing to watch but equally exciting was his chasing and second efforts. Typically these exciting marking forwards only run one way but seen him really put in 2nd/3rd efforts with his chasing which create goals. The one which Schoenberg kicked on the goal line was amazing from him.

I've liked him but been a little unsure of his place long term but seeing what he did tonight, feel like he's a lock in his position for a quite a while now. It's so good having these excitement machines up forward, we've been pretty lucky over the years to normally have at least one up forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey shorty

TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
Where the Hills have eyes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Im loving his pressure acts and 2nd efforts

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
That was my one query of him at AFL level. Was always going to do the spectacular as it's so natural to him, but could he develop his very poor tank enough to run and chase like he needs to.

We've found our answer.

spexau

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
That was my one query of him at AFL level. Was always going to do the spectacular as it's so natural to him, but could he develop his very poor tank enough to run and chase like he needs to.

We've found our answer.
Considering he's been in the AFL system for such a short period of time he must have really good natural aerobic fitness. He hasn't really looked too gassed after repeat efforts.

Golumless

A bigger deal out west.
Jul 12, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Newcastle, Rockies, Oceanics
Considering he's been in the AFL system for such a short period of time he must have really good natural aerobic fitness. He hasn't really looked too gassed after repeat efforts.

He definitely looked better than last week, though I do wonder if that's because the Hawks didn't push us as hard as Geelong.

The play in the 4th against the Cats where he put in a big effort to make a goal-saving mark and spent the next 3ish seconds holding up play to get his breath back stands out in this regard.

The Sloane Ranger

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 22, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC

We've found our answer.
The two back to back efforts that created Harry Schoenberg's goal-line goal convinced me that Shane is developing into a complete player

Then there was the effort where he crashed a contest that created another goal

He is growing with every game

hey shorty

TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
Where the Hills have eyes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Watching him at Sturt I can tell you I wasn't sure he had it in him. Looked gassed playing at FF.

He's athletically gifted but the tank needed work.

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
Watching him at Sturt I can tell you I wasn't sure he had it in him. Looked gassed playing at FF.

He's athletically gifted but the tank needed work.
Yep, he was always chasing his fitness at Sturt and then the step up to AFL. I think he’s the sort of player that will have to commit and prepare 100% in everything to catch up from a late start.

Geoffa32

TheBrownDog
Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
The two back to back efforts that created Harry Schoenberg's goal-line goal convinced me that Shane is developing into a complete player

Then there was the effort where he crashed a contest that created another goal

He is growing with every game

Four weeks ago he wouldn't do that.

Seeing him live at the Saints game he was gassed very quickly.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad