Player Watch Shane McAdam

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching him he certainly seems to bring a bit of X Factor. Will likely benefit from a AFL nutritionist / offseason program to really maximize his athletic gifts, but in general i'm pretty interested to see if he can break into the side.

With him, Stengle and potentially Rankine (my #1 draft crush), the Crows will have certainly addressed their lack of X factor players this offseason.

Just get Anna Betts on the job... she did wonders for Charlie :)

Shane's brother Ash Johnson has signed with Helix Player Management. What makes this interesting possibly for some might be that Shane Radbone is Director.
Just thought I would put this up for anyone interested in keeping an eye on their Facebook or Twitter.
Further it's great to see Shane Radbone in the player field.

What are the two plaques behind them?

The one on the left seems to be for Jacob's. Not sure the other one. Andy Otten 100 games?

The interesting thing I notice is the use of the old logo. For internal awards presented to players who played in the "Sonic the Hedgehog" logo era.

If they are using this logo internally. Why not bring it back as our main logo.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Crows website has added the new recruits to its player list. It has Shane listed as 181cm. Nearly everything else I have read has him at around 185. The picture a couple of posts above has him shorter than the two other males there but that doesn't mean a lot. Can anyone confirm his height? The Crows site also has him at 78kg which is a bit less than I have seen written in some other places but if he has adjusted diet and is training harder a drop in weight is quite likely. Shrinking, however, not so much!

Crows website has added the new recruits to its player list. It has Shane listed as 181cm. Nearly everything else I have read has him at around 185. The picture a couple of posts above has him shorter than the two other males there but that doesn't mean a lot. Can anyone confirm his height? The Crows site also has him at 78kg which is a bit less than I have seen written in some other places but if he has adjusted diet and is training harder a drop in weight is quite likely. Shrinking, however, not so much!
181cm was what I'd seen....
http://www.wafl.com.au/players/view/5275

Looks like he’s a Collingwood 6 footer

Interesting, as there is a citation from an article on page one of this thread and an article posted on page three of this thread which state McAdam is 185cm and 84kg.
You'll just have to be happy with the fact that he plays tall for his height. i.e prodigious leap.

I saw him at the shops on Sunday, taller than I thought so closer to 184 than 181 at a guess. I’m 184 but didn’t get that close to compare.

Is skinny though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After 2 years in the AFL system, and back in his home city ....this is unusual

Sounds like he has some "learning" & "guidance" required, and Eddie's the man
He may have never lived on his own before and feels more comfortable being with someone else and doesn't want to move back in with Mum and Dad.

He is living with Eddie.

The Betts family are all class. To take in a younger player while they are raising a young family is pretty selfless.

What are the two plaques behind them?

The one on the left seems to be for Jacob's. Not sure the other one. Andy Otten 100 games?

The interesting thing I notice is the use of the old logo. For internal awards presented to players who played in the "Sonic the Hedgehog" logo era.

If they are using this logo internally. Why not bring it back as our main logo.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
That old (and best) logo is still used on some current merch - got a stubby holder and coffee mug with it from the AFL store this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back