Player Watch Shane McAdam

Remove this Banner Ad

Just curious, and not that it would ever happen, but would Crows supporters take Mitch McGovern back, even if he came at a reasonable price?
Nah. He was made to look better than he really was by players around him. As soon as he went to Carlton, his true value was revealed. West Coast or Freo will end up getting him for basement wages.

Nah. He was made to look better than he really was by players around him. As soon as he went to Carlton, his true value was revealed. West Coast or Freo will end up getting him for basement wages.
Freo will and he might turn out alright for them

Really happy for him to be finding his feet at AFL level and clunking his marks.
IIRC, I said he was a great overhead mark for his size and great second and third efforts and tackling.

Was a huge game for McAdam, feel like we got the full package tonight. I think his pack marking is amazing to watch but equally exciting was his chasing and second efforts. Typically these exciting marking forwards only run one way but seen him really put in 2nd/3rd efforts with his chasing which create goals. The one which Schoenberg kicked on the goal line was amazing from him.

I've liked him but been a little unsure of his place long term but seeing what he did tonight, feel like he's a lock in his position for a quite a while now. It's so good having these excitement machines up forward, we've been pretty lucky over the years to normally have at least one up forward.

That big mark.... the work he put in to get there was massive.

Also, wouldve loved Scho to leave that one in the square but hes well within his rights !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That big mark.... the work he put in to get there was massive.

Also, wouldve loved Scho to leave that one in the square but hes well within his rights !!!
Nah you always make sure ball could bounce into the post

Im loving his pressure acts and 2nd efforts

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
That was my one query of him at AFL level. Was always going to do the spectacular as it's so natural to him, but could he develop his very poor tank enough to run and chase like he needs to.

We've found our answer.

That was my one query of him at AFL level. Was always going to do the spectacular as it's so natural to him, but could he develop his very poor tank enough to run and chase like he needs to.

We've found our answer.
Considering he's been in the AFL system for such a short period of time he must have really good natural aerobic fitness. He hasn't really looked too gassed after repeat efforts.

Considering he's been in the AFL system for such a short period of time he must have really good natural aerobic fitness. He hasn't really looked too gassed after repeat efforts.

He definitely looked better than last week, though I do wonder if that's because the Hawks didn't push us as hard as Geelong.

The play in the 4th against the Cats where he put in a big effort to make a goal-saving mark and spent the next 3ish seconds holding up play to get his breath back stands out in this regard.

We've found our answer.
The two back to back efforts that created Harry Schoenberg's goal-line goal convinced me that Shane is developing into a complete player

Then there was the effort where he crashed a contest that created another goal

He is growing with every game

Watching him at Sturt I can tell you I wasn't sure he had it in him. Looked gassed playing at FF.

He's athletically gifted but the tank needed work.

Watching him at Sturt I can tell you I wasn't sure he had it in him. Looked gassed playing at FF.

He's athletically gifted but the tank needed work.
Yep, he was always chasing his fitness at Sturt and then the step up to AFL. I think he’s the sort of player that will have to commit and prepare 100% in everything to catch up from a late start.

The two back to back efforts that created Harry Schoenberg's goal-line goal convinced me that Shane is developing into a complete player

Then there was the effort where he crashed a contest that created another goal

He is growing with every game

Four weeks ago he wouldn't do that.

Seeing him live at the Saints game he was gassed very quickly.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back