Player Watch Shane McAdam

Remove this Banner Ad

Keep getting the feeling he is being played out of position (or more accurately out of role).

He's primarily a marking forward, playing in the same forward line as Thilthorpe, Tex and Fogarty confused his role within the team and as such his performance suffered.

They seemed to try and turn him into a crumbing, pressure forward, which is just not what he was last year. This is particularly so when he played most of the year without Murphy. Compare and contrast last year playing with Murphy and Stengle providing pressure to this year just Jimmy

He's probably had more ground pressure this year, seeing Murphy, McHenry and Berry floating around the traps.

Stengle was as poor as Rowe when it came to pressure.

That said, McAdam pretty much needs some semblance of a pressure game or he's not making it.

Keep getting the feeling he is being played out of position (or more accurately out of role).

He's primarily a marking forward, playing in the same forward line as Thilthorpe, Tex and Fogarty confused his role within the team and as such his performance suffered.

They seemed to try and turn him into a crumbing, pressure forward, which is just not what he was last year. This is particularly so when he played most of the year without Murphy. Compare and contrast last year playing with Murphy and Stengle providing pressure to this year just Jimmy

Yeah, it's The Crows fault

He either has an injury or he has forgotten how to football because he hasn’t been anywhere near it this year, very disappointing.

Outside of Tex, all our forwards have had poor outputs. Every single one. It can't be put on so many players individually, there's got to be more to it. RT has shown us he's going to be a star with some moments. But Tex is the only forward that has been able to deliver consistently in games.

you don't think coaches contribute to player's performance? Interesting take.

It's alarming when he can't even get a kick at SANFL level though. Frampton, Fog, Himmelberg, Cook and Gollant have all outperformed him at that level.

It's alarming when he can't even get a kick at SANFL level though. Frampton, Fog, Himmelberg, Cook and Gollant have all outperformed him at that level.

I don't worry that much with SANFL form, performing consistently well down there rarely translates to AFL performances. At least with mids and forwards. He has definitely dropped away a lot though, but there's a lot wrong with our team. Forwards and defenders do it very tough.

I was critical of him last year. Copped a bit here for it. He has had a couple if good games, but overall that criticism stands.

One trick pony who is 26 years old. I feel he sees an AFL contract more as a reward/pay day rather than actually needing to improve and be part of our side going forward.

His AFL career will be a "Nick Gill" cameo.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Outside of Tex, all our forwards have had poor outputs. Every single one. It can't be put on so many players individually, there's got to be more to it. RT has shown us he's going to be a star with some moments. But Tex is the only forward that has been able to deliver consistently in games.
I wonder if there's a correlation between us sucking and the forward line not scoring as much...

I wonder if there's a correlation between us sucking and the forward line not scoring as much...
It's a combination of poor delivery into the forward and lack of talent. Other than Walker and a developing Thilthorpe we have no other decent forwards. Berry has shown some good things but he is a midfielder being played out of position. Same with Schoenberg. Murphy, McAdam, Frampton, McHenry, Rowe wouldn't get a game at any other club. Fogarty and Himmelberg have also been major disappointments this year. In saying that we also need mids, a better ruck, and another KPD so we have a lot of needs.

Last edited:
I was critical of him last year. Copped a bit here for it. He has had a couple if good games, but overall that criticism stands.

One trick pony who is 26 years old. I feel he sees an AFL contract more as a reward/pay day rather than actually needing to improve and be part of our side going forward.

I copped the same criticism, he has never done anywhere near enough for a mature age player. I wonder sometimes how much his surname has blured the views of supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the few live games I’ve managed to get to, watching him he has seemed intent on plying from behind, either to take mark of the year speckies or get that over the top Joe the Goose.

What he needs to be doingas that deep mobile forward, is leading hard up at the ball carrier. With his marking strength and athleticism, he’d be a nightmare to stop doing this. Instead his defenders just play in front, read the play and lead him to the ball.

Having said that, I’ve seen a few plays where the likes of Frampton and Thilthorpe seem more worried about maintain that deep position for a long bomb, despite being 90m from the kicker, rather than leading up at the ball carrier allowing others to roll in behind them,when they’re clearly the best option if leading up at the ball carrier. Makes me think there’s some clear instructions to maintain structure, which has players ignoring the play unfolding in front of them.

I do suspect there’s an element of overcoaching going on, whereby young players need simple instructions early, before layering complexity in time.

you don't think coaches contribute to player's performance? Interesting take.

Go have a look at this thread page 1 onwards. He had been in form, was looking like he was going to take his game to the next level last year, and had a mob of adoring Crows fans who were jumping for joy at his contract extension.

1) His performances were promising last year/early-ish this year, which would indicate he was being coached/developed to an appropriate level.
2) He was performing well last year in spite of the fact our F50 entries last were all-round junk, and certainly worse than this year.

My first guess is that he's low on confidence and/or is carrying an injury. Neither of which are the coaches fault.

I know the negative Nancy's of the board (looking at you skam85 1970crow Bearded Clam etc) love to have a crack at the club at literally any possible opportunity, but McAdams poor performances mostly come down to what's between his ears.

McAdam should be performing to a much higher standard in light of the fact that Tex HAS been performing so solidly and getting the number 1 defender, and Thilthorpe is drawing away another tall defender. Fog has been consistently cr@p all year

Dean Gore mk2.

The AFL gave him to us to seal the McGovern trade, was as much about appeasement as anything else.

Go have a look at this thread page 1 onwards. He had been in form, was looking like he was going to take his game to the next level last year, and had a mob of adoring Crows fans who were jumping for joy at his contract extension.

1) His performances were promising last year/early-ish this year, which would indicate he was being coached/developed to an appropriate level.
2) He was performing well last year in spite of the fact our F50 entries last were all-round junk, and certainly worse than this year.

My first guess is that he's low on confidence and/or is carrying an injury. Neither of which are the coaches fault.

I know the negative Nancy's of the board (looking at you skam85 1970crow Bearded Clam etc) love to have a crack at the club at literally any possible opportunity, but McAdams poor performances mostly come down to what's between his ears.

McAdam should be performing to a much higher standard in light of the fact that Tex HAS been performing so solidly and getting the number 1 defender, and Thilthorpe is drawing away another tall defender. Fog has been consistently cr@p all year

Still stalking me I see? I'd love to see my posts having a regular crack at the club.. Considering you're heavily invested in my posting, that shouldn't be hard for you.
Weirdo.

Something is wrong for a player that showed so much promise to become almost the invisible man, just not the same effort or desperation as hed shown last season. Looks gassed half of the time, would like to know what his training standards are like?

Still stalking me I see? I'd love to see my posts having a regular crack at the club.. Considering you're heavily invested in my posting, that shouldn't be hard for you.
Weirdo.
weed is one of the Adelaide boards biggest muppets.. best to ignore their complete and utter dribble.

I hear what you are saying but there’s still such a thing as having a football brain and getting yourself in a decent position.

He looks to be playing a fair bit heavier than in his earlier games. Also would be suffering from the other smalls being non-existent and one dimensional - Rowe, Murphy McHenry are ground ball gatherers none of them are going for a high mark the opposition know this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back