Toast Welcome to the Saints: James Frawley!

Remove this Banner Ad

PJays

Club Legend
Nov 2, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Great move!

Given how few players we have over 28, I'm happy giving him a spot. He's basically replacing Nathan Brown. Like Mckernan is replacing Abbott. 2 old guys in for 2 old guys, like for like.

Frawley brings an extra big body in defense. Extra depth.

And of course a connection with a Saints legend.

I like the way our list has shaped up.

Welcome Chip!

Last edited:
Pretty astute pick up by your club.

He has played quite well the last two years and a few of us on the Hawks board were surprised he wasn't given another year. He is still very quick for a big lump of a lad.

In all the years he has been at the Hawka I can't honestly remember one occasion in which a key forward got the better of him.

Just don't expect precision kicking out of defence!

Great move!

Given how few players we have over 28, I'm happy giving him a spot. He's basically replacing Nathan Brown. Like Mckernan is replacing Abbott. 2 old guys in for 2 old guys, like for like.

Frawley brings an extra big body in defense. Extra depth.

And of course a connection with a Saints legend.

I like the way our list has shaped up.

Welcome Chip!

Also going to be a nice bit of synergy that his first game for St Kilda will be his 240th, matching his uncle's career tally. Given we'll surely be honouring Spud at some stage in 2021, it might be motivating for both the playing group, and Frawley himself, to earn a spot in that game, at the very least.

Frawley to the Saints has a nice wholesome feel about it. It's feels like our favourite nephew or cousin just signed on. Reckon he is going to look spiffing in the RWB!

While it is a nice story and fits well with the Spud legacy, I am more interested in what he can contribute towards our second flag.

Happy to hear his manager at trade period saying he was excited about the move and not there to make up the numbers.

Pretty canny move by Ratts and Roughy.

I would still pick Carlisle ahead of Frawley at the start of the season but anything can change . The good thing is if one gets injured we still have the other . How much could we have used Frawley this year in the Semi against Lynch and the Tigers when Carlisle had to go home due to a new baby .

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

127050722_10158388951743183_1899339468042959434_o.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was very good. A lot higher standard than getting moved on from the 15th placed team. Maybe Frawley can reinvigorate himself like Ryder has but the onus is on him to show it.
Frawley may or may not have an impact but it was clear at the end of the season just gone that Jakey was not being rushed back by the coaches.
Jake was my preferred option all season but he has looked a little off the pace. I think if he showed us anything against the bulldogs it’s the fact we needed a KPD. Is he the man going forward? Don’t know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back