Toast Welcome to the Saints - MAX KING!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
St Kilda
Or is giving him Kosi's number tempting fate? Even looks like him.
The whole jumper hand down has been a disaster IMO.

3 to X.. Fail.

23 to Kosi... Fail.

7 to Luke... Almost fail.

I can see the romance of Roo presenting it but if i want to see fairy tales, I'd catch a Disney movie.

AFL Club
St Kilda
Roo inherited his jumper from the great Shane Wakelin, (the original identical twin Saint).

You never know when a jumper will become a legend.
He was actually given the number by John Beveridge, at the request of the Cat, Garry Colling, who also wore the number with distinction and captained the club.

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
He should get 9 after the great man Faletic. .
Ahhh Milan!
Thought I was the only one to remember the greatest
Reserves player that ever lived! ( with apologies to Mark Scott
Whose goal kicking sexploits were memorable )

Criminal Faletic couldn't break into what was a very ordinary senior side!
WTF was that all about anyway?
The guy could play and had cult hero written all over him!

Last edited:

Brains Trust66

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
St Kilda
I would like to nominate Big NotQuiteAsBadAsBarryHall Don Disher. Not many people might remember Don as he didn't play many games. He was big, very very slow, not a great mark, a terrible kick and did I mention he was really slow. Snails could move faster than Don. My point is whatever his number was then Max should stay clear of it lol.

Go Saints

AFL Club
St Kilda
I would like to nominate Big NotQuiteAsBadAsBarryHall Don Disher. Not many people might remember Don as he didn't play many games. He was big, very very slow, not a great mark, a terrible kick and did I mention he was really slow. Snails could move faster than Don. My point is whatever his number was then Max should stay clear of it lol.

Go Saints
I played against him at the end of his career when he was playing in the Ballarat League. He didnt like having a young 2nd ruckman running off him I remember that. I wonder if he is still about?

stfan

Club Legend
AFL Club
St Kilda
Ahhh Milan!
with apologies to Mark Scott
Mark Scott, the only Saint that I can remember that played in both a St Kilda Reserves and Seniors game on the same day.

Personally I think Scott was stiff to have not played more games due the abundance of good key forwards at the club when he was there. At other times I am sure he would have racked up more games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Persevering Saint

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
I'm a lover, not a fighter
Mark Scott, the only Saint that I can remember that played in both a St Kilda Reserves and Seniors game on the same day.

Personally I think Scott was stiff to have not played more games due the abundance of good key forwards at the club when he was there. At other times I am sure he would have racked up more games.
Yikes, how many more games could he have played in one day? He was probably too old for the Little League at half time!

DGontheQT

All Australian
AFL Club
St Kilda
Ahhh Milan!
Thought I was the only one to remember the greatest
Reserves player that ever lived! Criminal Faletic couldn't break into what was a very ordinary senior side! The guy could play and had cult hero written all over him!
He was as graceful as Shanahan , skill similar to Jack Daniels , and sporting the
Kevin Bartlett hairstyle. He was no G-train. Pathetic Faletic was a slightly unjust nickname though.
He seemed to be at the extreme other end of the popularity scale to guys like the Cunninghams , etc , but I just wrote that up to him being South Australian.
He did come falsely advertised as one of South Australia's finest , which did him no favors.

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
St Kilda

did we get him from the hawks?

They had a player in the ressies that used to kick bags but couldn't get a game because of Moncreiff, whom we ironically traded in and he did a knee from memory.

Saint Watto

Premiership Player
AFL Club
St Kilda
did we get him from the hawks?

They had a player in the ressies that used to kick bags but couldn't get a game because of Moncreiff, whom we ironically traded in and he did a knee from memory.
That rings a bell VDS66....did Mark Scott come to us as part of the Tony King/Russell Greene swap?

The Hurley Burley Lindsay Fox days.

St Muir

Senior List
AFL Club
St Kilda
That rings a bell VDS66....did Mark Scott come to us as part of the Tony King/Russell Greene swap?

The Hurley Burley Lindsay Fox days.
Scott kicked a few big bags from memory. He didn’t kick on for some reason but was a good mark and great kick on his day. King was ok for a couple of seasons. Of course Greene went on to elite status...

Keg on legs

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
St Kilda
I love this photo!

He still remembers what it was like to be a kid meeting his idols. He gets down on the knee to truly engage with the junior fans. No ego, just genuine engagement. Little gestures like this say so much about the character of the man.

I love the young fella already!

Strahany

Premiership Player
AFL Club
St Kilda
Even if Max busts (or relatively busts) the publicity and positivity push that has come with giving a lifelong St Kilda fan a berth at his favourite club, and in the number 12, no less, should be considered as a genuine positive outcome. If he turns out to be as prolific as some are claiming or, at least, close to it, then that’ll just be a bonus on top.

Diehard Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
St Kilda
Even if Max busts (or relatively busts) the publicity and positivity push that has come with giving a lifelong St Kilda fan a berth at his favourite club, and in the number 12, no less, should be considered as a genuine positive outcome. If he turns out to be as prolific as some are claiming or, at least, close to it, then that’ll just be a bonus on top.
I see it the other way round.
In the first instance he’s gotta be a star ( we absolutely cannot afford a bust or even an ordinary player here) and the St. Kilda fan thing and the #12, they are the cherry on the top to complete a fairytale story.

gringo2011

Premium Gold
AFL Club
St Kilda
I see it the other way round.
In the first instance he’s gotta be a star ( we absolutely cannot afford a bust or even an ordinary player here) and the St. Kilda fan thing and the #12, they are the cherry on the top to complete a fairytale story.

Yeah, Paddy is the bet bloke at the club as far as engaging with fans and being an awesome person. If we get two great guys that can't really translate that into on field awesomeness the fans will los their shit pretty quickly. He has to be another Kosi at least or I don't think the recruiters can keep their jobs. He's high risk high reward, if his body holds up and he's a gun it's genius but the reverse is it was a reckless waste of a pick that should net a gun in a super draft. It will be worse if Bailey Smith or Rozee are guns and he doesn't come on.

I just pray we get a bit of luck and have grabbed our next superstar player.

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
Yeah, Paddy is the bet bloke at the club as far as engaging with fans and being an awesome person. If we get two great guys that can't really translate that into on field awesomeness the fans will los their shit pretty quickly. He has to be another Kosi at least or I don't think the recruiters can keep their jobs. He's high risk high reward, if his body holds up and he's a gun it's genius but the reverse is it was a reckless waste of a pick that should net a gun in a super draft. It will be worse if Bailey Smith or Rozee are guns and he doesn't come on.

I just pray we get a bit of luck and have grabbed our next superstar player.
As much as I loved Kosi
I'm hoping big Max will have slightly better awareness. And can get on the
Park a little more! And it would be nice if he can play more than
Three Brownlow polling performances in a row!

I'm expecting/demanding that he is the equal of Tony Lockett's/Nick Riewoldt!
No pressure son!

Top Bottom