Toast Welcome to the Saints - MAX KING!

DGontheQT

All Australian
AFL Club
St Kilda
As much as I loved Kosi
I'm hoping big Max will have slightly better awareness. And can get on the
Park a little more! And it would be nice if he can play more than
Three Brownlow polling performances in a row!

I'm expecting/demanding that he is the equal of Tony Lockett's/Nick Riewoldt!
No pressure son!
You would think , even our midfielders couldn't spray the ball past those long arms of the King. That helps.
I know its terrible , but when Polak walked into the tram , I briefly wondered whether he was related to Kosi.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sir Skid

Just one of the boys!
AFL Club
St Kilda
As much as I loved Kosi
I'm hoping big Max will have slightly better awareness. And can get on the
Park a little more! And it would be nice if he can play more than
Three Brownlow polling performances in a row!

I'm expecting/demanding that he is the equal of Tony Lockett's/Nick Riewoldt!
No pressure son!
Setting a low bar there MM :rolleyes:

I just hope he leads with his bucket hands on those long arms and not his Malaka head like someone else we know.

AFL Club
Carlton
Tell us more Mitso.
Very much old school vs new school at play within the fitness/medical dept.

One party wants him to bulk up and gain as much muscle mass as possible to strengthen his body (very much the old way of thinking).

The other party want him to stay lean and ease up on the weights program in order to reduce the load/tension from his already large frame that’s being placed on his knee (ala John Patton/NicNat).

Sir Skid

Just one of the boys!
AFL Club
St Kilda
Very much old school vs new school at play within the fitness/medical dept.

One party wants him to bulk up and gain as much muscle mass as possible to strengthen his body (very much the old way of thinking).

The other party want him to stay lean and ease up on the weights program in order to reduce the load/tension from his already large frame being placed on his knee (ala John Patton/NicNat).
I think we have enough key talls for 2019 without him playing AFL. Build up slow and let him ease into it properly. FWIW, I'm with the new school in slowing down on the mass build. His strength is agility, speed and jumping. Extra muscle mass doesn't help any of those much imo.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
Did it even need to be asked?
Of course BF knows best, well one of us :p
I like Brian Ferry too Skiddy but I hardly think him singing
A Hard rains gonna fall is going to help our Max!

Ok!...Ill just quietly slip out the back door!......:oops:

AFL Club
Carlton
Who gets the casting vote though?
The club medical team (Senior Medical Officer) has the final say.

I posted earlier this year that the club under Lethlean was looking to bolster the fitness/medical department and in order to do this they have engaged a number of medical/fitness consultants (some of who are prodominantly based in the US) to analyse injuries and their subsequent management/rehab programs and make recommendations.

That’s what has happened in this case, but it seems like it may either be a case of too many chefs or/ the existing medical team wanting to stick only to conventional (and IMO prehistoric) methods that are not evolving with the times.

Sir Skid

Just one of the boys!
AFL Club
St Kilda

I posted earlier this year that the club under Lethlean was looking to bolster the fitness/medical department and in order to do this they have engaged a number of medical/fitness consultants (some of who are prodominantly based in the US) to analyse injuries and their subsequent management/rehab programs and make recommendations.

That’s what has happened in this case, but it seems like it may either be a case of too many chefs or/ the existing medical team wanting to stick only to conventional (and IMO prehistoric) methods that are not evolving with the times.
Hope Lethers, Gubby and Ratts will sort this shit out.

St Muir

Senior List
AFL Club
St Kilda

I hope we get this right. Aside from the knee recovery, if we bulk Max up too much he will lose his agility and we end up with an ok ruckman rather than an elite forward. I’m quite stunned this is an actual discussion

Top Bottom