Toast Welcome to the SUNS - Ben King

Turbocat

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Geelong
I don’t think the club has officially approached king or his manager for an extension as of yet,
Depending on how his form is over JLT and early season NEAFL, I assume he will see some game time this year, although we are pretty well off for KPDs so not sure what his role will be
He can play both ends ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turbocat

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Geelong
Training as a defender and still behind Wright, Day and Lukosius in the F50
Normally (imo) he would spend a year min. developing anyway. I think is Day FA at years end .. perhaps BK gets some time if it looks like there might be vacancy ?

Anyway .. good luck hope he signs and stays for a few years for you. The downside of drafting as much talent as you have is others will sweat on them. (Didn't one of the SA clubs already mention that post draft?)

Fat Pizza

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Fitzroy
Normally (imo) he would spend a year min. developing anyway. I think is Day FA at years end .. perhaps BK gets some time if it looks like there might be vacancy ?

Anyway .. good luck hope he signs and stays for a few years for you. The downside of drafting as much talent as you have is others will sweat on them. (Didn't one of the SA clubs already mention that post draft?)
Not just post-draft. Clubs were mentioning it pre-draft.

Fat Pizza

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Fitzroy
Hey Bods.. any idea if GC have offered an extension to young Ben K?
Heard Ash Brown say today that StKilda are already sniffing around. I certainly hope that means at the very earliest is two years time.
Do you think he will get some game time this year?
St Kilda may well be sniffing around, but if Ben & his brother are comparing their experiences at their respective clubs, it might end up being Max who wants to leave St Kilda.

Turbocat

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Geelong
St Kilda may well be sniffing around, but if Ben & his brother are comparing their experiences at their respective clubs, it might end up being Max who wants to leave St Kilda.
Well even though Max followed them and was there pre draft etc.. who knows you might be right. The attraction of going North is very much an unrealised advantage atm. If you could get the side trending the right way who knows. One thing is for sure .. all clubs have pressure to maintain good players when other clubs come for them .. just like us last year with Kelly.

Top Bottom