Toast Welcome to the SUNS - Ben King

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Obviously the club is confident he’ll stick it out, they’re not gonna pick someone who really didn’t want to come.
Personally love the pick. His versatility to play KPF or KPD when we lost one of each is exactly what we need and he kicked more goals than Luko in the championships playing as a forward which he only started doing this year.

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
DsmX-JyUcAEIN_Y.jpg:large

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan
I thought it was a good pick for you guys. You've essentially replaced Lynch and May in this draft, (Corbett and Collins are more your second or third types), whilst adding a classy goal kicker who applies good pressure and can be a highlight reel. Still need help in midfield and ruck, but midfielders are everywhere, hence King was a smart choice. I think you guys have a reason to be quite optimistic about putting together a competitive side in the next couple of years and to right the wrongs of your initial years. Nice offseason moves :thumbsu:

Stroppy

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs
I am on the King Train.
Has the speed and reach and tallness to be an elite defender. And we need some elite-ness.
Fingers crossed he has the attitude and fortitude to make it happen with us at the Suns.

The Meerkat

Cancelled
Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I was thinking well before the draft that he would be an ideal pick up for us but didn't think it would happen.

Hopefully our version of Dustin fletcher.

thurls64

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yeah not exactly the Luna Park Smiles of the McLennan’s
yep this guy is a massive risk but they would have known that well ahead of time, Stewie et al have a couple of years to sow some green shoots ……. good things is its going to be a young players club so if Ainsworth, Brodie, Fiorini and Bowes can keep being the driving force these new guys should buy in too...…...if we don't start winning though by the end of two years it will be sayonara

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
yep this guy is a massive risk but they would have known that well ahead of time, Stewie et al have a couple of years to sow some green shoots ……. good things is its going to be a young players club so if Ainsworth, Brodie, Fiorini and Bowes can keep being the driving force these new guys should buy in too...…...if we don't start winning though by the end of two years it will be sayonara
They really need to push those initial draft contracts out to 3 maybe 4 years

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
They really need to push those initial draft contracts out to 3 maybe 4 years

Yeah in America they don’t get drafted till age 21-22, in Australia it’s age 17-18.
How to compensate for that?
Set 4 year contracts and must do a genuine Trade or Uni Degree where they have completed 3 years equivalent of the Trade/Uni Degree in that 4 year period or they sit out Year 5 of their career on Zero AFL Salary to complete their Trade/Degree.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Checking out GWS how welcome their nww players , I'm a bit jealous, even they go home in two years time at least they try their best .

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Last edited:
Back