Toast Welcome to the SUNS - Ben King

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the difference with Suns videos? Parents?
Parents , warmest .Fan play apart also , look at how many people already condem Ben king before he even play a game for GC. Not Evans and Co fault that the previous management screw it up and it going to take time to gain back trust and confidence.

Parents , warmest .Fan play apart also , look at how many people already condem Ben king before he even play a game for GC. Not Evans and Co fault that the previous management screw it up and it going to take time to gain back trust and confidence.
I don't think it make any difference if parents are part of these videos. As per Lukosius farther, Suns organised great get-together after draft, including welfare team, Dew visiting draftees families, offering parents to come with draftees for a couple of weeks,...

Every forum has fans like that. Just checked new Adelaide thread about getting Lukosius/Rankine back - pretty shocking standard.

I don't think it make any difference if parents are part of these videos. As per Lukosius farther, Suns organised great get-together after draft, including welfare team, Dew visiting draftees families, offering parents to come with draftees for a couple of weeks,...

Every forum has fans like that. Just checked new Adelaide thread about getting Lukosius/Rankine back - pretty shocking standard.
Fair enough , i am not saying whether Adelaide fan want Lukosius /Rankine back , I am talking about welcome them NOW(lukosius, Rankine, B King regardless what they decide( staying or Going ) in two year time . Parents spend 18 years with them and Us 0 years yet we want to judge players and their Parents .

Fair enough , i am not saying whether Adelaide fan want Lukosius /Rankine back , I am talking about welcome them NOW(lukosius, Rankine, B King regardless what they decide( staying or Going ) in two year time . Parents spend 18 years with them and Us 0 years yet we want to judge players and their Parents .
Agree, we as fans should definitely get behind new boys. I personally have some doubts about drafting Ben but for sure I support him and club's decision as Suns did their homework on players, families. Draft best players and back themselves is winner's strategy :)

at least 3 years
There's so much wrong with the 2 years
Clubs like ours are nearly forced into playing kids early so they don't get disillusioned which puts them at higher risk of injury- which makes them disillusioned
And every year longer they stay bonds them that little bit stronger
You'd think there'd be enough support from the Interstate and smaller Melbourne Clubs to get that up

He’s actually quite big in the upper body already and has the frame to fill out really solidly, just needs a few pre-seasons. Still just very lean is all

He’s actually quite big in the upper body already and has the frame to fill out really solidly, just needs a few pre-seasons. Still just very lean is all

Was about to say this. Once he fills out he is gonna be a big unit with his shoulders and chest. Has that lean muscle already and fingers crossed a big pre-season in the gym (Austworld centre - gotta get that sponsorship in) awaits. Hopefully this doesn’t impact his agility as he could become a bit of a unicorn at that size.

Welcome to the Suns big fella View attachment 588759

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

reminds me a bit of this bloke
1cc1af3d7e0dc28fc6b6e568a1a4184b24e5e2d4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The biggest thing for these guys is to build up their lower body and core.
Very lean now but definitely had the frame to get thicker.
As an athletic big, could be an excellent counterpoint to Pete up forward or take over as the primary defender from Rory down back when he retires.

Lean is fine as a keydef if he can keep/add to his speed and he does have footy smarts (which the reports suggest he does).

Play something like Harris Andrews, and be a matchup for the best mobile tall forwards.

If you are over 2m tall and are fast and agile, keep the fast and agile bits.

Lean is fine as a keydef if he can keep/add to his speed and he does have footy smarts (which the reports suggest he does).

Play something like Harris Andrews, and be a matchup for the best mobile tall forwards.

If you are over 2m tall and are fast and agile, keep the fast and agile bits.
Exactly. The modern day key forward are tall quick and agile. There isn’t many gorilla types in the AFL anymore. Tom Hawkins is probably the last one and even he has lost some kgs over the last few years to become more agile. Defenders need to beat them on the lead, which is something King will be able to do with his pace and smarts. Really think this kid is gonna be a star

Hope he and his brother dont have the same muscle genetics.

Last thing we want is losing ben to a 12month injury
They're twins. . . There is a real chance their genetics are identical mate.
Goal post collision doesn't exactly scream genetic dysfunction either.

Should play like Fletcher but better. Skinny but not pushover .

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.a...VXKe0jcFje22EibF0foGUqnftaHhfn5G0gc9vyOFOFnx8

“I’ll definitely be aiming for a run in the top side next year but there is still a lot of time so a lot of hard work, putting on some size and getting as fit as possible before then.
It’s really warm so that’s definitely something I’m going to have to adjust to but everyone at the club has been amazing to us boys.
They’re all really nice, everyone’s really driven at training so I’m just really stoked to be here.”

Im really liking what im hearing from this kid and those around him.
Could quickly become my favorite if he applies it onfield.

Should play like Fletcher but better. Skinny but not pushover .
Dustin Fletcher is in the conversation for best Full-back of all time. The AFL Team of the Century Full-back in 1996 was Stephen Silvagni and the other modern player most people would argue for is Matthew Scarlett. Actually, looking at them all named together it is odd that they were all father sons and premiership players. Alex Rance might end up in that group too. And you're saying Ben King will be better? I'll take that action!

There's so much wrong with the 2 years
Clubs like ours are nearly forced into playing kids early so they don't get disillusioned which puts them at higher risk of injury- which makes them disillusioned
And every year longer they stay bonds them that little bit stronger
You'd think there'd be enough support from the Interstate and smaller Melbourne Clubs to get that up
In the NFL, players are put on a 4 year deal after being drafted, with a 5th year option for first round picks. After this players can walk in Free Agency. Our 8 year system of non-free Agency is roughly the same length as an NFL player’s College career plus the start of their NFL career. Clearly our initial contracts aren’t long enough! The other attractive part of these 4 and 5 year contracts is that the salaries are set to the player’s draft position. Crazy money doesn’t come until contract extension time or free agency.

In the NFL, players are put on a 4 year deal after being drafted, with a 5th year option for first round picks. After this players can walk in Free Agency. Our 8 year system of non-free Agency is roughly the same length as an NFL player’s College career plus the start of their NFL career. Clearly our initial contracts aren’t long enough! The other attractive part of these 4 and 5 year contracts is that the salaries are set to the player’s draft position. Crazy money doesn’t come until contract extension time or free agency.
Certainly not long enough when you consider NFL players are getting 4/5 year contracts at 20/21 whereas our children get 2 year contracts at 18
It's hardly worth the bother for struggling interstate Clubs TBH
All we're doing is completing their adolescent Football education while they play footsies under the table with Melbourne based list managers

Dustin Fletcher is in the conversation for best Full-back of all time. The AFL Team of the Century Full-back in 1996 was Stephen Silvagni and the other modern player most people would argue for is Matthew Scarlett. Actually, looking at them all named together it is odd that they were all father sons and premiership players. Alex Rance might end up in that group too. And you're saying Ben King will be better? I'll take that action!
Yes Ben king will be better and Vic media what him back home when he reached that level . Rance a bit overrated put a medium forward that is fast and can jump , he is in trouble .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back