Toast Welcome to the suns, Bodhi Uwland

Remove this Banner Ad

This is what we like to see! A born and bred Gold Coaster making it all the way through our academy pathway and ending up on our AFL list. What a great story to see a kid that started playing footy for the Burleigh Bombers U6s team in 2009 in the same year our club first started playing matches competitively and he goes on to be listed by his hometown team. Just think, in 2009 Rory Thompson was playing for our TAC Cup team and Uwland had just begun U6s footy for Burleigh. Now they're teammates!

I don't believe we've drafted many other Gold Coast born players out of our academy. I think Andrew Boston, Brayden Crossley and Max Spencer may have been the only others that were born on the GC but sadly they all had short careers with us.

Keep an eye out for Bodhi's twin brothers coming through our academy in a few years as well. We could have a whole clan of Uwlands on our list in a few years :D

Welcome Bodhi!

Welcome Bodhi. Looking forward to watching you progress through the ranks at the Suns. Been a pleasure watching you play at Broady

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

Welcome Bodhi. Looking forward to watching you progress through the ranks at the Suns. Been a pleasure watching you play at Broady
It's a real shame Bodhi missed out on Broadbeach's QAFL premiership victory in mid September in what would have been his last game of local footy as a junior. The GC Bulletin reported that he made the decision to skip the GF to manage a stress reaction in his lower back but it's unfortunate he was unable to cap off his junior career with a QAFL premiership before we drafted him like Caleb Graham (2018), Jacob Dawson (2017) and Jacob Heron (2017) did for PBC.

It's a real shame Bodhi missed out on Broadbeach's QAFL premiership victory in mid September in what would have been his last game of local footy as a junior. The GC Bulletin reported that he made the decision to skip the GF to manage a stress reaction in his lower back but it's unfortunate he was unable to cap off his junior career with a QAFL premiership before we drafted him like Caleb Graham (2018), Jacob Dawson (2017) and Jacob Heron (2017) did for PBC.

A couple of premierships with the SUNS might help ease his pain

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

True, it might be a shame. But I'd rather him miss it, than risk making the stress reaction in his back worse.

I actually think there is a place for him in our back 6 (at some point)

With his strength / leap and intercept ability and big boot
He is different to all our other defenders.
Budarick - fastest small
Lemmens + Uwland - taking the small/medium - Lemmens probably the more defensive player and goes on the most dangerous
Ballard - 3rd tall
Collins - Key

+ another missing piece to the puzzle.
Sandy Brock could fit, as could Gibcus.

If you go to our website you'll see there's no news on how any Suns AFL player is going.....although there's a vid advising us that Powell gets up at 6.20 in the morning......;)
Did we steal your social media guy?

It’s like your socials died at about the same time as ours picked up.

Did we steal your social media guy?

It’s like your socials died at about the same time as ours picked up.

We have not had a great social media guy since Kieron Turner. We have had some ok ones, but KT was next level. Think he is at Broncos now, via Adelaide Crows

We have not had a great social media guy since Kieron Turner. We have had some ok ones, but KT was next level. Think he is at Broncos now, via Adelaide Crows
KT was awesome. I'll never forget the day he asked Aaron Hall about kebabs :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's almost been a full year since anyone posted in this thread. Does anyone have any update on how Uwland has been going? To my knowledge, he has not played a single game for us at either AFL or VFL level. Seems the stress fracture that kept him from competing in the 2021 QAFL Grand Final was more serious than originally reported...

It's almost been a full year since anyone posted in this thread. Does anyone have any update on how Uwland has been going? To my knowledge, he has not played a single game for us at either AFL or VFL level. Seems the stress fracture that kept him from competing in the 2021 QAFL Grand Final was more serious than originally reported...

He’s in full preseason, good to go.

Up to him now, had a chat with him few months back. Said half back is where they are looking at him playing

Isn't he a bit of a sleeper? Swear a few have said he's actually very talented. I can't honestly say I've watched much of him personally.

Yeah I’m only going on my hype and recruiters predictions saying he could of gone first round.

But you can see from Davies & Jeffrey who were suppose to go first round, how talented these guys are with 0 expectations and hopefully won’t be asking for a first rounders wage after their first contracts up.

Yeah I’m only going on my hype and recruiters predictions saying he could of gone first round.

But you can see from Davies & Jeffrey who were suppose to go first round, how talented these guys are with 0 expectations and hopefully won’t be asking for a first rounders wage after their first contracts up.
Have actual recruiters said this?
Or do you mean knightnare? He was the only guy from big footy or traditional media rating uwland in the top 50-60

Remove this Banner Ad

Back