Welcome Welcome to the SUNS, Brandon Ellis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we know what contract we have him yet?
Reported 5 years 600k over the last few weeks but thats all speculation - nothing from the club.
the compensation Richmond received doesn't fit with that so perhaps less money

Jesus christ! The melts on the Richmond board are hilarious! It has gone from poster actually saying how crap he is, how they will laugh at the saltyness of opposition fans when they get round one compo and how we are paying him overs.

Now they get pick 39, he is a two time premiership superstar, needed player, AFL out to get them. It is brilliant.

We are more disappointed with the pick but whoever is rubbishing Ellis isn’t the general sentiment on our board. He’s a 2 time premiership player. A bloody great wingman and will be awesome for you guys.

We are more disappointed with the pick but whoever is rubbishing Ellis isn’t the general sentiment on our board. He’s a 2 time premiership player. A bloody great wingman and will be awesome for you guys.
Friend it's the same people who were burning their memberships a few years back. I'm sure you know the types l mean.

agreed, and I suppose the blame should be on Barrett and the media he was the loudest voice opposing a 1st round pick.

I'm really happy with the pick they got
They are booting Ellis to pay for all their bought in top end talent
It's not the same as us not being able to retain our top end talent
If they get a first round pick it's just continuing to strengthen a Club that is already strong
I think the AFL got it absolutely right on this
As I said in another thread, Richmond had every opportunity to keep him

I'm really happy with the pick they got
They are booting Ellis to pay for all their bought in top end talent
It's not the same as us not being able to retain our top end talent

If they get a first round pick it's just continuing to strengthen a Club that is already strong
I think the AFL got it absolutely right on this
As I said in another thread, Richmond had every opportunity to keep him
this, dead on.

Friend it's the same people who were burning their memberships a few years back. I'm sure you know the types l mean.
Let me point out that the guy who called in about microwaving memberships was a melbourne supporter troll. It's common knowledge. The guy even admitted it. I need to find the link.

As for Brandon, he's a hard worker and sets the example with fitness. He's a good get. Not an inside player, but he will run all day for a team.

Let me point out that the guy who called in about microwaving memberships was a melbourne supporter troll. It's common knowledge. The guy even admitted it. I need to find the link.

As for Brandon, he's a hard worker and sets the example with fitness. He's a good get. Not an inside player, but he will run all day for a team.
I wasn't talking about that friend. Growing up in Melbourne l recall numerous times Richmond members burning and cutting up Memberships and absolutely abusing players up the race. Let's not mention how well they treated poor D. FRAWLEY either will we.
You have a very large feral base. FACT

We are not looking for a contested beast or a gun one on one player, we are looking for a good wingman.
All he has to do is what he has been doing and it will work out great.

On field, that means stay healthy, run all day, hit open target.
Off field, that means be a good bloke and a good influence.
Fits age and experience profile as well.

I wasn't talking about that friend. Growing up in Melbourne l recall numerous times Richmond members burning and cutting up Memberships and absolutely abusing players up the race. Let's not mention how well they treated poor D. FRAWLEY either will we.
You have a very large feral base. FACT
All supporter groups have ferals. FACT.

Recollection is a very subjective thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what l was doing RECALLING
Were you aware the supporter who spat on Danny was from Queensland? Should i tar every one from Queensland with the same brush? No. Came on here to wish Brandon well only to see you talking garbage. Good day.

Were you aware the supporter who spat on Danny was from Queensland? Should i tar every one from Queensland with the same brush? No. Came on here to wish Brandon well only to see you talking garbage. Good day.
See ya and let the door hit you on the way out.

We are not looking for a contested beast or a gun one on one player, we are looking for a good wingman.
All he has to do is what he has been doing and it will work out great.

On field, that means stay healthy, run all day, hit open target.
Off field, that means be a good bloke and a good influence.
Fits age and experience profile as well.
One thing you will get from Ellis, can run all day, is a good bloke and a very good influence and knows the game.
Had quite a defensive job for a wingman at Richmond, but let off the leash can do some damage due to his never stop running game. Would be the fittest at Richmond. Good solid player will probably benefit from a new environment and a new challenge.

The idea that the compensation should be based on the offer given by the club that the player is leaving makes much more sense to me.

If Richmond didn't offer Ellis a contract - no compensation
If Richmond offered him 3 year 250k - pick 50
If Richmond offered him 3 year 400k - pick 35

etc.. etc..

Why should it be based on what the opposition offers
Because that’s ultimately the market rate

Because that’s ultimately the market rate
I would have thought you should be compensated on the level that you valued an asset.

the current system just helps the big/successful clubs.

Star players go from the lower clubs to the big clubs on less money deals - the lower clubs compensated at a level below where they valued that player
Mediocre players go from the big clubs to the lower clubs on bigger money - the successful clubs over compensated based on their value of that player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back