Welcome Welcome to the Suns: Charlie Constable

Remove this Banner Ad

Damo T

Senior List
Aug 3, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Really looking forward to see Charlie Constable apply his trade. Never underestimate the power of someone that has something to prove. Not only will he bring a much needed mature body but he will add to competition for list spots. At worst will strengthen our VFL side and show the kids the level is required. Great pick up. I wouldn't be surprised if he will be the steal of 2022. GO THE SUNS.

Turbocat

TheBrownDog
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
If his endurance is bad, it's almost always about how he defends.
IF his opposition midfielder just runs away from him and has significant influence toward the end of the game, it's hard to play him.

I'm not sure id say bad, CC is a footballer before athlete. He is a classic offensive accumulator. The one thing he has done well at every level is to build stats numbers. He will float forward and kick goals at times. I don't think his natural game is to defend and he is not a natural runner like someone that get drafted are. Its a matter for the MC to determine if his positives outweigh his negatives

With some other older players locked in our side he could not be selected.

I wish all the best.

The Kings Ransom

Team Captain
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'm not sure id say bad, CC is a footballer before athlete. He is a classic offensive accumulator. The one thing he has done well at every level is to build stats numbers. He will float forward and kick goals at times. I don't think his natural game is to defend and he is not a natural runner like someone that get drafted are. Its a matter for the MC to determine if his positives outweigh his negatives

With some other older players locked in our side he could not be selected.

I wish all the best.
Sounds like Fiorini.

The Kings Ransom

Team Captain
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Tend to disagree on Fiorini. Defends quite hard and he’s a pretty good aerobic runner, he just doesn’t have good top end speed
Haven’t noticed the defensive side.
personally. Will keep an eye on it when have the chance to attend a few more games in person.

Supersuns

Tarkyn_24s Best Friend
Day Off
Mar 14, 2014
Sunny Media
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Tend to disagree on Fiorini. Defends quite hard and he’s a pretty good aerobic runner, he just doesn’t have good top end speed
His defensive positioning was definitely better this season but he still has some ways to go.

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Haven’t noticed the defensive side.
personally. Will keep an eye on it when have the chance to attend a few more games in person.
Ranked 3rd amongst all suns for tackles and was 3rd amongst suns midfielders in intercepts.

Again I don't think it's that he doesn't try defensively, I think he's just not quite as good at chasing players on the outside due to top end speed but he tends to drop back and zone better than a lot of our mids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad