See Below
Welcome!

1637837344585.png

KaySwizzle

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
A good pick-up with absolutely no risk—especially in the backend of the draft where we got him. Should be a great fit to help balance our midfield depth and comes with a ready-made body instead of being an 18 year old waiting to develop.

Hopefully he pushes for the 22 and ensures our midfield is primed. If not, any injury to our 1st choice mids will likely see him get his chance.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
It seems that only one question remains to be answered. After adding Thompson to senior list in pre-season draft, and McLennan, Casboult to rookie list, will Suns take in rookie draft Townsend or academy kid or leave one cat A spot open for SSP? I expect one cat A spot to remain open. On FB a fan with good contacts confirmed that Suns will have only one cat B (Ace).

Last edited:

Ratcat

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I'll be barracking for him,...seriously those clowns at Geelong let an absolute natural inside magnet slip here, I know our mob, they prefer little fancy boys to often and shoot themselves in the foot doing so.
If you guys play him to his strengths can't see why you don't have yourselves a very cheap senior midfielder here. And he can kick pretty well too.
Good luck Charlie, hope you find appreciation....For Suns fans, did hear Andrew Embley was urging West Coast to throw him a life line, you may have upset their plans.

On SEN he said that he'll be heading up there Dec 17 I think, that's when the border opens. Then he hopes to get someone to pack up his things and drive a truck over to QLD.

But he was happy and can't wait to meet everyone and get stuck into it.

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
On SEN he said that he'll be heading up there Dec 17 I think, that's when the border opens. Then he hopes to get someone to pack up his things and drive a truck over to QLD.

But he was happy and can't wait to meet everyone and get stuck into it.

Sounds like a down to earth kid..
Didn’t burn any people at Geelong
And seemed excited to be coming up 🤟🏽

On Cats forum they are not sure who would win the race between GHS and Constable :p

CC is quicker than GHS (not by heaps but its enough) and hes a bigger body and a better ball winner. His issue is his endurance is not at the standard it needs to be under capped afl rotations..whether he can improve that or not time will tell but he is a ripping kid..incredibly hard working and respectful and just a fantastic person to have in a club culture. He will do everything he can to try and overcome his deficiency and make it. I will follow him closely at GC and i hope he goes really well.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
CC is quicker than GHS (not by heaps but its enough) and hes a bigger body and a better ball winner. His issue is his endurance is not at the standard it needs to be under capped afl rotations..whether he can improve that or not time will tell but he is a ripping kid..incredibly hard working and respectful and just a fantastic person to have in a club culture. He will do everything he can to try and overcome his deficiency and make it. I will follow him closely at GC and i hope he goes really well.
I have to say I liked his interview on SEN. He sounded terrific.

Issue with endurance after 4 years in the system is a worry. It sounds like Brodie. It could be uphill battle for him to break into best 22 at Suns unless injuries hit. Competing with Fiorini, Bowes, Swallow, Miller, Anderson, Rowell, Flanders, Davies for midfield role.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Issue with endurance after 4 years in the system is a worry. It sounds like Brodie. It could be uphill battle for him to break into best 22 at Suns unless injuries hit. Competing with Fiorini, Bowes, Swallow, Miller, Anderson, Rowell, Flanders, Davies for midfield role.

If he’s Will Bodie, then he’s Will $300k a year cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ratcat

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong

If you find it 40 times a game,... I guess that's fast enough!

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If you find it 40 times a game,... I guess that's fast enough!
Yes and no
We have quality players who go and get the ball already
it's what happens immediately after that makes all the difference
If you're getting the ball 40 times and ******* it up 40 times then you'd obviously prefer someone getting it 30 times and using it effectively 80% of the time
But you know this

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yes and no
If you're getting the ball 40 times and ******* it up 40 times then you'd obviously prefer someone getting it 30 times and using it effectively 80% of the time
But you know this

I tend to agree.....he averages 26 disposals over all his AFL games @ 70%DE, which is definitely acceptable I reckon. He's only 22yo so has plenty of time on his side to improve.
Touk hit 32 disp @ 72 this year at 25yrs of age, but his career av is 22 @68.......if Charlie can get to that level in the next 3yrs, then I'd be more than happy with that.

Bubba j

Debutant
Oct 8, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yes and no
But you know this
Yes and no
But you know this
Charlie should be a walk up start in our side we have one or maybe two quality on ballers at the moment

Bubba j

Debutant
Oct 8, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I doubt he's going in ahead of Miller Rowell Anderson Fiorini or Swallow
Coming from a very strong system I think he will be a head of swallow and fiorini in the rotations swallow will be half forward this year

KaySwizzle

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Coming from a very strong system I think he will be a head of swallow and fiorini in the rotations swallow will be half forward this year

I think so too. Swallow more the in the forward line is an option. If so, Holman definitely gets squeezed out though.

Ratcat

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I tend to agree.....he averages 26 disposals over all his AFL games @ 70%DE, which is definitely acceptable I reckon. He's only 22yo so has plenty of time on his side to improve.
Touk hit 32 disp @ 72 this year at 25yrs of age, but his career av is 22 @68.......if Charlie can get to that level in the next 3yrs, then I'd be more than happy with that.

TOG is about 60%....for those numbers!...second man support for Danger and Menegola, not to bad imo.

Last edited:

The Kings Ransom

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If his endurance is bad, it's almost always about how he defends.
IF his opposition midfielder just runs away from him and has significant influence toward the end of the game, it's hard to play him.

Back