Toast Welcome to the SUNS Elijah Hollands

Remove this Banner Ad

Compare him to someone like Petracca who also did an ACL as a kid. Took a few years to hit his peak, played mostly forward, but he was absolutely flying this season.
Petracca did an ACL? Had no idea.

Edit: remember it now. Missed his first year.

I am actually really looking forward to watching your midfield this year..it is going to be rolled gold
I doubt we will see Hollands in midfield in 2020. If at all, probably as a forward or on the wing. On the other hand, I am hoping to see Rankine spending some time in midfield. Nobody can read the ball like him. Based on his time trial he is working hard on his tank.

I doubt we will see Hollands in midfield in 2020. If at all, probably as a forward or on the wing. On the other hand, I am hoping to see Rankine spending some time in midfield. Nobody can read the ball like him. Based on his time trial he is working hard on his tank.
He was one of the most naturally talented kids to come through in years rankine.

Yeah everyone needs to calm the farm in that regard. He has barely played midfield minutes as a junior, going to take a few years to build a tank and body to play midfield.

Max King reinjured his knee during his first season although I agree with taking it conservatively
Max did not re-injured his knee in his first season. He did syndesmosis (high ankle sprain) while playing VFL.

I can see Holland spending more time midfield with the reserve team.

Not sure if people are aware of this but Elijah's father (Ben Hollands) spent time on the lists of Sydney, Richmond and Port Adelaide between 1996-2001. After retirement, Ben spent the majority of his time playing for West Adelaide in the SANFL between 2001-2008, hence the reason Elijah was born in Adelaide and grew up a Crows supporter. He moved to Wodonga at 8 years of age and then went through the country Victorian developmental system but stayed true to his SA roots by remaining a Crows fan.

images

oGB1Mc7.jpg

A real chip off the old block is Elijah. Very similar looking to the old man.

Ux8voNl.jpg

Not sure if people are aware of this but Elijah's father (Ben Hollands) spent time on the lists of Sydney, Richmond and Port Adelaide between 1996-2001. After retirement, Ben spent the majority of his time playing for West Adelaide in the SANFL between 2001-2008, hence the reason Elijah was born in Adelaide and grew up a Crows supporter. He moved to Wodonga at 8 years of age and then went through the country Victorian developmental system but stayed true to his SA roots by remaining a Crows fan.

images

oGB1Mc7.jpg

A real chip off the old block is Elijah. Very similar looking to the old man.

Ux8voNl.jpg
Literally doppelgangers ha

Just great.

What a great video.....I am so looking forward to his journey with The Suns...

Anyone know how far off Hollands is from playing in the VFL? Super keen to watch him play. Was awesome to watch as an underage player in 2019. Was my tip for pick 1 last year before doing his ACL.
Not sure anyone knows. The word is mid-season but club has given us nothing in regards to him which is a shame. He's only our first pick from last year. :/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to see Hollands play. Some of his highlights he was just taking the piss.

Any trackwatchers seen him out and about?
No, the club has been strangely quiet on Elijah. We have a history of being very conservative with injuries so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him mothballed until next season

I want to see Hollands play. Some of his highlights he was just taking the piss.

Any trackwatchers seen him out and about?
Probably in VFL soon after bye. Two weeks ago Elijah talked to Suns foundation member and this is what he had to say.
He said he's pretty close to playing again, we'll probably see him in the VFL in couple of weeks
😏

Casboult's knee does not look good.

2 goals
23 disposals @ 78%
521 meters gained
5 inside 50’s
4 score involvements

What a star this kid will be. Has to get the rising star nomination this week and will be one of the favourites for the rising star next year I would have thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back