Welcome Welcome to the Suns - Hugh Greenwood

Governor

Senior List
Mar 8, 2006
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Tall goal kicking inside mid will cause headaches possibly rotating forward with Anderson being a very similar type

94a0274c2f0acf3de800acc01008f7b9.jpg

Looks like he will be living in Currumbin

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

thurls64

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Hugh has an amazing sporting pedigree and a very sad story about his Mum, Andree, see above. I grew up swimming competitively in Hobart and training with Andree, Hugh's Mum. Her Mum and Dad owned an indoor training centre and her Mum, shown above, coached swimming. Andree was absolutely stunning and I had a massive crush on her and she was an amazing swimmer and later basketballer. Andree's Dad, Trunky Marquis, is a Tasmanian legend playing in 3 premierships for Melbourne, he was later a talent scout for Melbourne as Hobart was in their zone. He scouted our school team and chose Michael Reynolds, our captain, I was VC, who went on to play some games for Melbourne. I was a "short 6 ft and not particularly quick" so was asked to train with Melbourne but not offered a form 4. If you get a chance watch On the Mark who did a feature on Hugh and his Mum's battle with cancer and also his success in New Mexico in college ball on Fox Footy. This guy is a star, a quality person and we are so lucky to have him.

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Never had a full pre season according to the Crows supporters. Hopefully gets a full one under his belt and can have a big impact for us this year. Think it is a good pick up, another person we can rotate through the middle.

Correct about the pre-season bit, and also has only averaged about 67% TOG because of it, but still was able to rack up 17 possessions a game (average)and above average on tackles, clearances and goals.......with a full pre-season, these should all improve hopefully.

Back