Toast Izak Rankine off to Adelaide. Pick 5 obtained as expected

Remove this Banner Ad

I tend to agree with this.......I think he should be able to sort out any financial problems his family may be experiencing, with the big bucks from AFC, and I think the 3yrs gets him to Restricted Free Agency, where he then may choose to stay or leave.
This is also my thoughts but I also think his cluey agent Ben Williams may have also advised him on this. If he builds his tank and plays of mix of mid/fwd then his $$$ coin as generally the big bucks are for elite mids and KPF. As it was widely reported 5 years you'd assume that was on offer but you'd assume Izsak's teamed wanted 3 years.

This is also my thoughts but I also think his cluey agent Ben Williams may have also advised him on this. If he builds his tank and plays of mix of mid/fwd then his $$$ coin as generally the big bucks are for elite mids and KPF. As it was widely reported 5 years you'd assume that was on offer but you'd assume Izsak's teamed wanted 3 years.
Realistically how much more then 850k per year can one get at his small size.!

Stupid not to just take the 5 years at 850k unless he has issues about the club and winning

I tend to agree with this.......I think he should be able to sort out any financial problems his family may be experiencing, with the big bucks from AFC, and I think the 3yrs gets him to Restricted Free Agency, where he then may choose to stay or leave.
Dosnt it have to be 8 years at 1 club to be a restricted fre agent I'm not sure how it works tho

Realistically how much more then 850k per year can one get at his small size.!
In todays dollars as a small forward even if you are the best in the position in the comp you'd think 800k is a tad overs. But it will always cost more to bring an elite talent to another club.

Now if you're talking elite mid that is damaging (a goal kicker) I personally think of someone like Bailey Smith (very damaging player). Then $800-850 is the going rate if not a lot more I think Dusty is on 1.3mill. Rankine is taller than Neal by about 4cm so I agree at his height you'd think $800-850 is his celling in todays dollars. When Neale was drafted no one would think he would earn the coin he does bigger in the body for sure but I don't think Izak's size will limit him he is bigger than Laird height and weight and Laird was an AA.

Not sure if this has already been stated but If Eyesack had made up his mind when playing Port at the Adelaide oval as has been reported then then that was back in June and he bullshited to the club for 2 months. Dew was clearly devastated in round 22 when the deal news broke so had no ******* idea.

For a guy that professed to love the club it’s a deceitful weak act and make me think of him very differently

Not sure if this has already been stated but If Eyesack had made up his mind when playing Port at the Adelaide oval as has been reported then then that was back in June and he bullshited to the club for 2 months. Dew was clearly devastated in round 22 when the deal news broke so had no ******* idea.

For a guy that professed to love the club it’s a deceitful weak act and make me think of him very differently

I didn't help. Bu he genuinely had not made up his mind until latter in the year. Both clubs were pushing for answers.

Rankine can get stuffed.

To be fair, what is he going to say?

He was hardly going to come out and say:

“Look, I really liked playing for the Suns and would have stayed but the extra money on offer just made me realise I wanted to play in Adelaide more than I thought. Nobody could turn down that amount of money.”

“Yeah look, 5 years is what was being pushed but I just thought 3 years was more appropriate in case I hate it there.”

If it had been in his mind since the Port game though, he is a lot better in front of the media than I thought. Seemed very committed in every interview. All other players seemed sure he would stay, same with coaches. Even fooled all the media who had locked it in for months…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now they're fighting each other on the Crows board because I tagged ABAB.

Never change Crow fans :drunk:

You're welcome to him if you like, I'm even prepared to pony up and buy him a Gold Coast guernsey if you can bring him into the fold.

Last picture

GIF by Saturday Night Live

Remove this Banner Ad

Back