Toast Welcome to the SUNS - Izak Rankine

Iva Bigun

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
I totally agree and hope he enjoys living and playing on the Gold Coast for many years to come.
I know you blokes would like him and Jack both to head home asap, and I can understand that, but I'm not sure if you're aware or, for that matter, your allies on the BF Adelaide board are aware, that we have 11 SA blokes on our list and not one of them has asked to go home...... YET.
The GC is a 2nd home to all of them. We love them here and they appear to like being here.......it's the VIC Metro boys who seem to miss their mummys the most.
Correction, Vic metro boys miss the brown paper bags of cash under the table cash and girls that throw themselves at any footballer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Choppers

Club Legend
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Correction, Vic metro boys miss the brown paper bags of cash under the table cash and girls that throw themselves at any footballer
Oh c'mon,......and their mummys too, and cars for their g/f's, and sisters getting a spot on an AFLW squad, with limited experience, and wives getting a job above their pay grade...o_Oo_O

Last edited:

Old Sol

Debutant
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Oh c'mon,......and their mummys too, and cars for their g/f's, and sisters getting a spot on an AFLW squad, with limited experience, and wives getting a job above their pay grade...o_Oo_O
I understand taking the piss out of players when they leave the club. We are all passionate about the Gold Coast Suns and the players. But the women mentioned exclusively in your post owe you and the club nothing.
Having a go at mothers, sisters and girlfriends just because someone in their family decided to play sport for a new team is just petty.

Mr Bods

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I understand taking the piss out of players when they leave the club. We are all passionate about the Gold Coast Suns and the players. But the women mentioned exclusively in your post owe you and the club nothing.
Having a go at mothers, sisters and girlfriends just because someone in their family decided to play sport for a new team is just petty.
I don’t think he’s having a crack at the women, he’s having a crack at the ethics of the Vic Clubs and the weak AFL administration.

Choppers

Club Legend
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Not having a go at all. I'm having a dig at the underhand way some Vic clubs are getting around the so-called supposed salary cap.....

Big Red Machine

Let's get tropical!
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Ravens, O's, Terps, Mavs & Ducks
Moderator #58
Any reports how hes been tracking?
Hadn't been kicked out of any pubs yet so, so far so good.

I imagine he's just putting his head down and working hard while getting accustomed to the whole deal, Should start finding out more in the run up to the JLT.

Top Bottom