Toast Izak Rankine off to Adelaide. Pick 5 obtained as expected

Remove this Banner Ad

Courtesy of Jen2310 in the media thread, Deserves a repost here.

Get around the young fella and the club, Hasn't played a game in the 1's and re-ups for 2 more years.

A real indictment on the actual state of the club, no?

If he gets through this weekend, I wonder if they give him a single game in the seniors to finish out the year.

Would put my bum on the seat to be honest.
I doubt that would risk him. He will most likely play limited minutes on the weekend given his considerable time off this year

Prized draftee Izak Rankine made a spectacular return from injury in a 35-point NEAFL win over Sydney.
The 19-year-old, who'd been sidelined for six weeks with a hip injury, was given limited game time in his long-awaited return but proved lively with 14 possessions, four marks, nine tackles and a clever goal from a left-foot snap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even in his first week back you can see his pace and dynamism

One of those guys that the ball always seems to bounce up to him. Clean.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I watched some of the first half and a bit of the 3rd and just his game smarts you can tell he has it but his tackles they just aren’t just grab and hug tackles they’re I’m going to hurt you if you’re not careful kind of tackles was really good to watch.. set up a nice goal for nutting too in the second quarter I think it was from creating a turnover

According to Dew (who dropped in to watch the NEAFL game) Suns are temped to play Rankine against GWS! I may even make the trip if it happens :)

9 tackles in his first game is outstanding.
G’day guys I come in peace
Just curious are we going to see Izak play anytime soon ?
Was a big of fan of this kid when he got drafted ,like most .
Cant wait to see him play on the park.
Congrats on the touch up you gave my boys the Eagles a couple of weeks ago.
Please give Freo another touch up as well

G’day guys I come in peace
Just curious are we going to see Izak play anytime soon ?
Was a big of fan of this kid when he got drafted ,like most .
Cant wait to see him play on the park.
Congrats on the touch up you gave my boys the Eagles a couple of weeks ago.
Please give Freo another touch up as well
Probably 1 more practice game this weekend, then into the seniors the following week would be my prediction.

I reckon it will depend on whether we're still travelling to Geelong
If we are I'd say no
Could be in week after Geelong maybe?

Depends on how we go, If we beat Freo and Geelong and everyone stays healthy then its a hard ask to blood him into a side that's rolling like Fred Durst in the 2000s

Remove this Banner Ad

Back