Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
DsmX-JvUUAA4fbO.jpg:large

Old Sol

Senior List
Oct 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Love Harbs for everything he has done off and on the field. By all accounts a terrific leader, friend, clubman and teammate.

But damn, he needs to learn to smile for photos!
Was clearly very uncomfortable up there with Luko. Thought he looked a bit more comfortable afterwards with Rankine.

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Was clearly very uncomfortable up there with Luko. Thought he looked a bit more comfortable afterwards with Rankine.
Yeah. The spotlight isnt his go at all. No doubt it's the reason he isnt amongst the chatter to be our next skipper. Heck, hes not even in the leadership group.

Old Sol

Senior List
Oct 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yeah. The spotlight isnt his go at all. No doubt it's the reason he isnt amongst the chatter to be our next skipper. Heck, hes not even in the leadership group.
Yeah doesn't have the personality to be a strong team leader. Having said that he's been one of our best on field for years, I'll love him forever and I was so proud to see him standing there representing GC footy

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Thought it was poor how they announced Harbs to the audience. Everyone else presenting was like “club captain” Jack Ziebell, or “club legend” Jonathan Brown. For us it was just “Jarrod Harbrow”.
They could’ve announced Harbs as “reigning Suns Best and Fairest”, or “Games Record-Holder”

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
Thought it was poor how they announced Harbs to the audience. Everyone else presenting was like “club captain” Jack Ziebell, or “club legend” Jonathan Brown. For us it was just “Jarrod Harbrow”.
They could’ve announced Harbs as “reigning Suns Best and Fairest”, or “Games Record-Holder”
Like at the basketball how they run through the opposition team before the razzle dazzle for the home team introduction...

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd be interested in what Jack said during the interview with GC when the point of loyalty came up, they seemed happy with his response whatever it was.

The Suns were bombarded with threats from rival clubs and managers leading into the draft who publicly declared players didn’t want to go to the Gold Coast and would be the target of poaching raids within the next couple of years.

It prompted Suns CEO Mark Evans to state the club would take managers to court if they were found to be telling players not to go to the Queensland club.

The detractors didn’t scare Gold Coast off and Lukosius said he would invest everything into the club.

“It’s a weird one for me (the threats),” Lukosius said.

“To go up (to Queensland) with my mate Izak is awesome. It’s an opportunity an AFL club and I’m really grateful for what I have been given by the Suns.

“I’m not going to take it for granted. I’d love to be a loyal player.

“I’ll be looking to get the absolute best out of myself and I can’t wait.

“(The warnings) are not bothering me at all. I was open to going anywhere. I knew a couple of months ago that I wasn’t going to stay in Adelaide and I was preparing for that most of the year.

“From what I have heard the Gold Coast is a great place to live.”

“It will be great to have Izak up there early,” Lukosius said.

“We went to school together at Henley High School and it will be pretty exciting to have a great mate like up there.”

The duo are also friends with current Suns player Charlie Ballard, who played alongside the draftees at the under-18 national championships, while Rankine also knows state league recruit Chris Burgess.
https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.a...s/news-story/6b2b25d173ca54396a2815fbd6371000

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
So, I guess we should go ahead and sign his sister up for our AFLW team?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
I'm sure we could find a position for her.

... In hindsight that sounded less dirty in my head, Let's try that again.

Any indication that she actually players footy or just a supportive sister willing to throw the colours on?

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Charlie Ballard could prove to be the shrewdest recruiting move in our history.
Intentional with the Lukosius foresite or would that be giving the club too much credit?

Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Subiaco Lions
Charlie Ballard could prove to be the shrewdest recruiting move in our history.
Intentional with the Lukosius foresite or would that be giving the club too much credit?
Too much credit but in a sense not enough credit for drafting him based on his talent at pick 42.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back