Toast Welcome to the Suns, Joel Jeffrey

Remove this Banner Ad

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Spoke quite well.

All these ‘draft watchers’ calling him a half back never watched any Ntfl. I think he’s played 90% forward to date.

Be interesting to see where we play him.

GC2015

Premiership Player
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Video below details football contributions from Joel's father (Russell Jeffrey) during a lengthy career which included stints with Geelong, St Kilda and the Brisbane Bears. The Bears were still based at Carrara when Russell played for them in 1992 which means there is a loose football connection to the Gold Coast. Everything I've read about Russell suggests he was a very hard footballer with a ton of talent so here's hoping his son can become a superstar for us!

Islanda22

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2014
Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
Spoke quite well.

All these ‘draft watchers’ calling him a half back never watched any Ntfl. I think he’s played 90% forward to date.

Be interesting to see where we play him.

Due to his height (192cm) he was played in the forward 50 in the NTFL. Has played down back for Allies which indicates where he will play at AFL level.
Has a great leap and has great hands, not to mention a great disposal by foot. Can see him getting a crack at AFL level in 2021.

Video below details football contributions from Joel's father (Russell Jeffrey) during a lengthy career which included stints with Geelong, St Kilda and the Brisbane Bears. The Bears were still based at Carrara when Russell played for them in 1992 which means there is a loose football connection to the Gold Coast. Everything I've read about Russell suggests he was a very hard footballer with a ton of talent so here's hoping his son can become a superstar for us!

RJ is a living legend up in Darwin. Very humble man who was tough as nails on the field.
Just google NTFL Rep games on youtube to see him in action Vs Melbourne, Collingwood, Geelong, Freo and Essendon back in the 90's.

GC2015

Premiership Player
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Can't help but get excited about Jeffrey after today's performance. Kicks his first bag of 5 and will probably get nominated for goal of the year as well as the rising star nomination. Let's hope he can continue that form over the next two weeks in his hometown of Darwin!

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I’m sure some kid from a Vic club will have a 15 disposal game that they think deserves it more
I am optimistic :) Even Kane raved about Jeffrey. There will be a lot replays of Jeffrey's goals.

Last edited:

The Kings Ransom

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Logan Mcdonald had 14 possessions, 10 marks, 3 goals.
Sam De Kooning been pretty good for Geelong for a number of weeks apparently.

These are the only two I can see should challenge Jeffrey's nomination.

Jen2310

Spec Moderator
Aug 21, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ollie henry kicked 4.1 13 disposals and 5 marks, in 2 1/2 quarters from being the sub.

I've got it down to him and Jeffery. Either one would be worthy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Kings Ransom

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Ollie henry kicked 4.1 13 disposals and 5 marks, in 2 1/2 quarters from being the sub.

I've got it down to him and Jeffery. Either one would be worthy.
Henry has kicked a fair few goals this year.
Probably favourite for the nom given his previous weeks.

SandyToes

Premium Platinum
Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Logan Mcdonald had 14 possessions, 10 marks, 3 goals.
Sam De Kooning been pretty good for Geelong for a number of weeks apparently.

These are the only two I can see should challenge Jeffrey's nomination.
Did you watch the Hawthorn game?
I'd be very very surprised if Jai Newcombe didn't snag it this week

KaySwizzle

Team Captain
Aug 19, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
It would be absolutely ideal if Jeffery could turn into a Fritsch type forward. Good skills at the drop of the ball, but can play a bit tall too and outwork defenders for a mark. Someone who is just hard to match up on.

Might be a pipe dream, but that is the type of role I think of.

Well done on the nom young lad. More of that this week, please :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad