Toast Welcome to the SUNS Lachie Weller

JRyan23

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If you're actually Tongan, you're probably big. And if you are big, you are probably strong and scary. We will look after him then :D

Look after LDU! Hope he wants to stay at Freo longterm.
I reckon he will be down the road

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Ignore all the kneejerk hysteria from the ignoramus brigade, Weller will be a very, very good player for you guys. Has played all over the park but ultimately I see him as a star outside midfielder capable of going at a goal or better a game. Hope he can help lead you into the finals next year as well as prove to be an off field PR boon.

ajsars

All Australian
Apr 7, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
It would be interesting to know the actual details of his contact, not just that rumor of a ridiculously high amount of $

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
You know..I’m kinda leaning toward ‘fair decision’...Weller comes straight in with immediate impact imo, rather this than picking another spindly 18 year old that will take 4 years to grow...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It’s called being in shock

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Ignore all the kneejerk hysteria from the ignoramus brigade, Weller will be a very, very good player for you guys. Has played all over the park but ultimately I see him as a star outside midfielder capable of going at a goal or better a game. Hope he can help lead you into the finals next year as well as prove to be an off field PR boon.
Thanks for trying to soften the blow but unfortunately we don’t need an outside mid ( Bowes, Martin, Achee, Hanley, Fiorini, Sexton etc) and no one on the GC gives a * about what the players look like. The marketing element isn’t like it is in football states. The girls are looking to nab a league player.

Massive * up by my club, I tip my hat to you on your club, well played.

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
...but why male models?

on a serious note, happy we were able to acquire a gold coast talent who wants to return home. no doubt he will develop into a very good player for us. just hope the pick 2 we gave up won't come back to bite us...

yakka man

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 27, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Just had another look at his highlight reel and I know everyone looks good in them but he will be a fantastic addition.

His highlight reel from 2016 is very good too. He's honestly a fantastic player and will thrive in a less congested game style. I was devastated when I read he requested a trade. Hopefully Barlow gets back on the park to feed it out to him, but he's also been developed under Ross so he will be capable of playing inside mid too.

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Welcome Lach. :) I've loved him since I created the 'Academy' thread years ago 3 years before he became draft eligible.

The reality is he cannot control what we paid for him, so I won't hold that over him. We have the makings of a very, VERY good player in our hands. Looking forward to watching him develop to have a long and successful career at the Suns! More guys that can play midfield and hit targets please.

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Starting to warm to this after the initial shock. Hopefully this all just means more games for Brodie in 2018...

JadedIllustriousEyra.gif

Back