Toast Welcome to the Suns, Mac Andrew!

Remove this Banner Ad

Pardon the intrusion, but thought I'd share a quick cut up video of Mac in action for Country v Metro.
I made the vid as there was a chance he might slide to the Hawks at 7.

Super talent, no doubt, and showed plenty in a Country side that lost badly.
Mac spent very little time in the ruck, by the way - as Toby Conway had the #1 role.
He played mostly forward, pushing up the ground.
Had he played full time in the ruck, I suspect he may not have lasted to your pick.

After watching his last 3 games I am confident that Mac Andrew will be a star... Puts his body on the line and gives his 100%
Not to mention his hands and speed for a bloke his height. WOW!!! Took a screamer in the defensive goal square the other week. His skills are better than I thought too. Needs to continue to work on them as well as his decision making.

Great picture in GCBulletin. 81-82kg, 202cm right now.
965aa9f2a212d81a3977596435533ab4

Doesn't need to get to 100kg plus, mid 90s will be about his spot I reckon. He will be able to hold his own in the air and then destroy similar sized opponents on the ground.
Chol is 93kgs and doesn't seem to have any issues so I would tend to agree that mid-90s would be a good spot for Mac. One of Mac's biggest strengths appears to be his speed and running ability so I wouldn't want to be sacrificing that just to put size on when we can just recruit a serviceable big bodied tall forward like Casboult instead. In fact, we've got Walter coming through our academy and he looks like a massive unit so we may not need to recruit another big bodied forward for a while.

His closing speed is unreal and will only get better with a couple pre seasons. I wonder if they see him as a defender or its just a learning period for him down there.

His closing speed is unreal and will only get better with a couple pre seasons. I wonder if they see him as a defender or its just a learning period for him down there.
Yeah. Not sure. Didn’t we start King as a defender in NEAFL days for a few games before swinging him forward? And obviously Luko played time there. While we have Burgess, Day and Corbett all bouncing in and out of best 22, then maybe there is no sense playing him forward yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back