Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers

1637745278644.png

KaySwizzle

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I for one am excited! A speculative pick, for sure. But he’s no less speculative than other kids in that range. We took arguably the best tall left (maybe Gibcus was the other call?). His upside could be huge!

Hope he hits the pre-season running and tears it up in the VFL next year to fast track his development. I have no expectations for him to play next year, which is a nice feeling. He is not the key to us winning soon, but instead an investment in the future.

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
Fell inlove with Big Mac ever since Finn Callaghan was out of reach. Gonna be something special, expecting him to play CHB for few years and then ruck after some big preseasons.

Andrew Rowell Anderson Miller strong core.

Give him the #1 guernsey

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Fell inlove with Big Mac ever since Finn Callaghan was out of reach. Gonna be something special, expecting him to play CHB for few years and then ruck after some big preseasons.

Andrew Rowell Anderson Miller strong core.

Give him the #1 guernsey
The way both Cameron and Kall Burns where talking they will have him playing forward to start with.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
What? Rankines draft highlights was insane, and his AFL highlights would be pretty good from his first 3 games alone
We must be looking at and looking for different things in our players
Andrew's highlights are basically a leap and contested marking against 17yo's
There's something to work with no doubt but seems a reach at 3

The Kings Ransom

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
We must be looking at and looking for different things in our players
Andrew's highlights are basically a leap and contested marking against 17yo's
There's something to work with no doubt but seems a reach at 3
And freak level fluid agility for his height.
Not as fast as king but looks every bit if not more agile with change of direction / in traffic.
Plus seems to have good skills for a tall too

certainly building blocks for a very good player.

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
From a pure football perspective, Rankine’s highlights reel shits over every player in this draft. Not sure if it’s just because we have limited footage of the last couple of years or not.
I could’ve had a better highlights reel than many of the players in this draft. 15 - 20m short passes to a stationary target. Why’s that a highlight?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sassermon

Team Captain
Feb 8, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Rankines probem certainly isn't his highlights reel, its all the stuff inbetween that we need some consistency from

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Lol wot

Rankine has an insane highlights reel.
No-one doubts Izak's freakish talent-I'm a big supporter but his highlights reel basically (to me anyway) reveals the issues he's had at senior level so far
He can't get the space he had at junior level and limited "seagull"opportunities in our forward line have magnified his inability to get his own ball
As I said, just me and what I look for in an aspiring AFL superstar
I'm less impressed by snapping a goal from an impossible angle than I am by reading the play, collecting the ball and scoring

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Watching the phone call with Dew he appears to be a really nice down to earth kid. Watching the highlight reel he certainly has some athleticism and a great leap. Hope it all works out for him
Sounds like a quality kid.I was impressed by his vision in the highlights reel as well as the obvious athletic traits
Kicked a 60m boomer from the ruck too so he has some potential leg there too

Nov 23, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Welcome Mac! looking forward to a long career at the Suns!
Has plenty of athletic ability so hope we get games into him early and let him develop and learn on field.

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Last edited:
Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast

A couple of his brothers look quite solid across the shoulders......hopefully he follows suit...

Yeah that was my concern that he looks very skinny across the shoulders but seeing his dad and older brothers I’m hopeful he will fill out nicely. Plus his mum is tall, and his dad is still taller than he is. Mac could end up 205cm+ If we get lucky. Getting more excited by the big guy every day!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back