TheSunGod

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2010
Bangsaphan Noi
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Team Buakaw Golovkin
Interesting to hear the hammy was the first major injury of his career, not like he has Harley’s dodgy calves or anything like that. And the bit about his body language being poor when things weren’t going his way should be relatively easy to overcome now he has recognised it as an issue.

gcsunsfc

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Interesting to hear the hammy was the first major injury of his career, not like he has Harley’s dodgy calves or anything like that. And the bit about his body language being poor when things weren’t going his way should be relatively easy to overcome now he has recognised it as an issue.
Sounds like a guy who is receptive to feedback and willing to improve his game. Big tick.

I didn't watch the Fremantle - Lions game on the weekend but on the radio they were saying Jesse Hogan's body language was terrible. Things like that go a long way to influencing teammates out on the ground - both positive and negative.

conVINCEd

Premiership Player
Oct 15, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Suns fans - are you surprised you didn’t use the second pick in the mid-season draft to grab a tall defender?

I really thought you’d take the opportunity given Thompson is out for the year and now Collins will miss a fair chunk.

Choppers

Club Legend
Dec 5, 2015
Banchang,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Suns fans - are you surprised you didn’t use the second pick in the mid-season draft to grab a tall defender?

I really thought you’d take the opportunity given Thompson is out for the year and now Collins will miss a fair chunk.

I wasn't surprised,not at all. I don't think the List Management wanted to spend $70,000 for a defender who maybe no better than the defenders we already have playing in the 2's. Maybe there wasn't enough room in the Salary Cap. Maybe they're happy with what we have. I'm sure they have their reasons and I'm backing them in.

Sunny_

Premium Platinum
Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots

Collins will be back week after thr bye. Maybe if he was out for the year.

conVINCEd

Premiership Player
Oct 15, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
I wasn't surprised,not at all. I don't think the List Management wanted to spend $70,000 for a defender who maybe no better than the defenders we already have playing in the 2's. Maybe there wasn't enough room in the Salary Cap. Maybe they're happy with what we have. I'm sure they have their reasons and I'm backing them in.
Who are your tall defenders playing in the 2s? Has Day been switched back following all the injuries?

I checked the NEAFL side that played against Sydney and couldn't spot a defender over 190 cm.

Supersuns

Club Legend
Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Pacers, Arsenal, Colts, Mets
Who are your tall defenders playing in the 2s? Has Day been switched back following all the injuries?

I checked the NEAFL side that played against Sydney and couldn't spot a defender over 190 cm.
Jack Leslie (197cm)
Caleb Graham (195cm) both played against Sydney in the backline

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gcsunsfc

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
can't understate how impressed I am with Riordan from these snippets on radio etc.
Highlights look goo too!

Supersuns

Club Legend
Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Pacers, Arsenal, Colts, Mets
Very big chance Club is keen on him and been impressed with him since arrival. Good attitude highly coachable.
Looks a likely type, tackles well and is a good size for a mid, needs some kgs but looks good so far

gcsunsfc

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Sounded like an intelligent adult in his interviews after being drafted. Only 19 years old.
Spoke better than our captains honestly.

Top Bottom