RowellAnderson12

Debutant
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC & Indiana Pacers
2020 prediction -

plays 18 games, averaging 14 touches and kicks 15 goals. Will be our most exciting draftee

Jen2310

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
“He played in the 89 grand final so I’ve seen that a few times,” the 18-year-old said.

“Hopefully (I follow in his footstep).

“That wouldn’t be bad at all.”

While Anderson was always bound to pick up a sherrin at some stage, his introduction to Australia’s native game was unassuming.

“My first memory would probably be playing footy in the kindergarten back in the day and heading to the park after school and kicking the ball around,” he said.
Anderson’s draft year wasn’t without its challenges though, with the 188cm prospect admitting his versatility became his biggest test.

“It’s obviously not a huge challenge and I haven’t had any major injuries, touch wood but I’ve been thrown around (the ground) a fair bit,” he said.

“I’ve played on most parts of the ground so I’ve had to keep adjusting.

“Inside or outside (midfield), it doesn’t bother me but I assume I’ll probably continued to be thrown around a bit so I’m accepting of that challenge.

“A lot of the boys have asked me if I can surf and I said no but I think I’ll try that out and I played a fair bit of golf in Melbourne as well,” he said.

Top Bottom