RowellAnderson12

All Australian
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Pacers
2020 prediction -

plays 18 games, averaging 14 touches and kicks 15 goals. Will be our most exciting draftee

Jen2310

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Suns, Melb Stars
“He played in the 89 grand final so I’ve seen that a few times,” the 18-year-old said.

“Hopefully (I follow in his footstep).

“That wouldn’t be bad at all.”

While Anderson was always bound to pick up a sherrin at some stage, his introduction to Australia’s native game was unassuming.

“My first memory would probably be playing footy in the kindergarten back in the day and heading to the park after school and kicking the ball around,” he said.
Anderson’s draft year wasn’t without its challenges though, with the 188cm prospect admitting his versatility became his biggest test.

“It’s obviously not a huge challenge and I haven’t had any major injuries, touch wood but I’ve been thrown around (the ground) a fair bit,” he said.

“I’ve played on most parts of the ground so I’ve had to keep adjusting.

“Inside or outside (midfield), it doesn’t bother me but I assume I’ll probably continued to be thrown around a bit so I’m accepting of that challenge.

“A lot of the boys have asked me if I can surf and I said no but I think I’ll try that out and I played a fair bit of golf in Melbourne as well,” he said.

Supersuns

KFC Enthusiast
Mar 14, 2014
Bendigo
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Roys FFC
Looked good so far. Putting together a nice first year. Would be closer to averaging 16-17 disposals a game if games where full length. Good over head and has a nice turn of pace. Give him 3 years and watch him explode out of stoppages and bang a goal from 55

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
Do we call him Woody?
Great to see how happy Jack Lukosius was sitting next to him
No sour faced Jack Martins or Uncle Toms to be seen
Was criminal that he never got a nomination last year. Had some exceptional games toward the end of the year

Remove this Banner Ad