Toast Welcome to the Suns - Noah Anderson

Remove this Banner Ad

2020 prediction -

plays 18 games, averaging 14 touches and kicks 15 goals. Will be our most exciting draftee

Going to be a superstar. Him and Rankine.

“He played in the 89 grand final so I’ve seen that a few times,” the 18-year-old said.

“Hopefully (I follow in his footstep).

“That wouldn’t be bad at all.”

While Anderson was always bound to pick up a sherrin at some stage, his introduction to Australia’s native game was unassuming.

“My first memory would probably be playing footy in the kindergarten back in the day and heading to the park after school and kicking the ball around,” he said.
Anderson’s draft year wasn’t without its challenges though, with the 188cm prospect admitting his versatility became his biggest test.

“It’s obviously not a huge challenge and I haven’t had any major injuries, touch wood but I’ve been thrown around (the ground) a fair bit,” he said.

“I’ve played on most parts of the ground so I’ve had to keep adjusting.

“Inside or outside (midfield), it doesn’t bother me but I assume I’ll probably continued to be thrown around a bit so I’m accepting of that challenge.

“A lot of the boys have asked me if I can surf and I said no but I think I’ll try that out and I played a fair bit of golf in Melbourne as well,” he said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we call him Woody?
Great to see how happy Jack Lukosius was sitting next to him
No sour faced Jack Martins or Uncle Toms to be seen
Was criminal that he never got a nomination last year. Had some exceptional games toward the end of the year

Just quietly having another good year.

Still needs to develop his core and upper body strength but you would expect that from a 21yo 192cm Mid.

Superb thru traffic, endurance beast who runs both ways. Right now he’s up there in the comp for contested possessions, rated elite in inside 50s, metres gained and one percenters. Pretty handy if you ask me.

Metres gained his actually 10th on averages in the comp, and actually leading the way for full time midfielders.

Most recent game against the crows, 816m gained, 11 inside 50s, 6 clearances and you could argue Rowell gets the 3 votes.

Not far away from becoming a consistent 30 possession midfield beast

IMG_3173.JPG

4th in the league for inside 50's.
Driving us forward regularly.

Not that many goal assists or goals yet.
That better connection will come with more time, more strength through the core and legs to allow him to balance up and settle before his kicking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back