Toast Welcome To The Suns, Oleg Markov

Camsta

All Australian
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The GUN has been fairly respectful in all the times he has ventured onto our board. Never carried the arrogance of lot of Richmond supporters have over here
Fairly respectful but still deluded richmond.

Can’t escape the fact that The best team in the comp took the best player from the worst team in the comp, and every other team in the AFL paid for it by going back a spot in the draft.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Fairly respectful but still deluded richmond.

Can’t escape the fact that The best team in the comp took the best player from the worst team in the comp, and every other team in the AFL paid for it by going back a spot in the draft.
I haven't had a problem with him, we would seem like deluded supporters to other people as well, perks of being passionate and one eyed.

Thats the AFLs fault not Richmond's, they did everything correctly and within the laws the AFL layed out. Not a fan of Richmond or Uncle Tom but nothing untoward was done

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
I haven't had a problem with him, we would seem like deluded supporters to other people as well, perks of being passionate and one eyed.

Thats the AFLs fault not Richmond's, they did everything correctly and within the laws the AFL layed out. Not a fan of Richmond or Uncle Tom but nothing untoward was done
No problem with the THE_GUN as he / she has been quite reasonable in posting here for several years

I do however have an issue with Riewoldt talking about how he would be getting help up forward next year a few years ago on VFL360 only for Uncle Tom to join them the following year. Don’t tell me s**t wasn’t worked out well in advance and that is totally illegal but of course crickets from the VFL hierarchy

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
No problem with the THE_GUN as he / she has been quite reasonable in posting here for several years

I do however have an issue with Riewoldt talking about how he would be getting help up forward next year a few years ago on VFL360 only for Uncle Tom to join them the following year. Don’t tell me sh*t wasn’t worked out well in advance and that is totally illegal but of course crickets from the VFL hierarchy

Agree. I really don't know why I tune in to VFL 360, as it just seems like a radio show for Melbourne clubbies, only with vision.......but to counter balance the obvious bias towards Victoria, they do try hard to get the token 10% Interstate content. Last night they had Hardwick and Longmuir on, and Hardwick was addressed probably 70-80% of the time, while Longmuir was sitting at his location in Qld, wondering wtf am I doing here.....

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Agree. I really don't know why I tune in to VFL 360, as it just seems like a radio show for Melbourne clubbies, only with vision.......but to counter balance the obvious bias towards Victoria, they do try hard to get the token 10% Interstate content. Last night they had Hardwick and Longmuir on, and Hardwick was addressed probably 70-80% of the time, while Longmuir was sitting at his location in Qld, wondering wtf am I doing here.....

Probably had more to do with the thumping Richmond got from Geelong

Robbo hates Richmond and GW even more but hides it better
Just about every week its about why cant coaches/clubs do this to Richmond / Dusty etc

Last year before the GF just about anybody that has any experienced was on the show analysing how to stop richmond from winning the flag and the AFL have come out and admitted the 6-6-6 rule was to stop Richmond defensive structure and also the new Stand rule hocking(another geelong man) said its to stop teams ' Like ' Richmond from cutting out angles.

Now we have a statue with the ball kicker running around 10 mtrs to kick extra 15 mtrs

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Probably had more to do with the thumping Richmond got from Geelong

Robbo hates Richmond and GW even more but hides it better
Just about every week its about why cant coaches/clubs do this to Richmond / Dusty etc

Last year before the GF just about anybody that has any experienced was on the show analysing how to stop richmond from winning the flag and the AFL have come out and admitted the 6-6-6 rule was to stop Richmond defensive structure and also the new Stand rule hocking(another geelong man) said its to stop teams ' Like ' Richmond from cutting out angles.

Now we have a statue with the ball kicker running around 10 mtrs to kick extra 15 mtrs
You’re just proving Choppers point that 360 is about the Melbourne clubs with cameos from everyone else .

- disclaimer that I haven’t watched for a couple of years after getting sick of watching Buckley, Scott, treloar and Riewoldt.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
You'd think there was a gaping media hole for Stan Sport to fill with an AFL centric tonight footy show=maybe hosted by someone like Chad Cornes with the Adelaide and Perth Media Mafia backed up by someone like Tom Boswell from here and not sure who files a lot from NSW
The premise being concentration on the non-Melbourne teams .
Of course there would be Victorian Club analysis
In counter rotation to AFL360 it would be from the perspective of their approach to playing the Australian rather than the suburban Melbourne clubs

RJK Tiger

Premiership Player
Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
G'day fellas - just wanted to see how Oleg has been playing for you guys? Happy with him? Been performing? Haven't watched enough suns games to really know & was a fan of his when he was at the club (still am, clearly)

Makes me so sad to see Brandon playing for someone else, i really think he has been monumental for the Suns young team - i reckon your club could do a lot worse than to appoint him captain

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
G'day fellas - just wanted to see how Oleg has been playing for you guys? Happy with him? Been performing? Haven't watched enough suns games to really know & was a fan of his when he was at the club (still am, clearly)

Makes me so sad to see Brandon playing for someone else, i really think he has been monumental for the Suns young team - i reckon your club could do a lot worse than to appoint him captain
Markov been good. The pace and willingness to run with the ball is a big POD for us. Set up quite a few scores from the back half.

Has given away a few goals with his dodgy kicking on occasion so a hit to work on still. Overall, very happy with his addition. Seems to add a bit of spunk off field too. This was part of the reason we sought out Brandon, brings a bit of fun to the team.

what are your thoughts on David swallow and Jarrod witts on and off field leadership?, they’re the current captains and same age as Ellis.

what about touk Miller, what do you make of his leadership style?

RJK Tiger

Premiership Player
Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Markov been good. The pace and willingness to run with the ball is a big POD for us. Set up quite a few scores from the back half.

Has given away a few goals with his dodgy kicking on occasion so a hit to work on still. Overall, very happy with his addition. Seems to add a bit of spunk off field too. This was part of the reason we sought out Brandon, brings a bit of fun to the team.

what are your thoughts on David swallow and Jarrod witts on and off field leadership?, they’re the current captains and same age as Ellis.

what about touk Miller, what do you make of his leadership style?

I do not watch a lot of sun deeply, but i do live in Brisbane and watch them a lil bit as on TV. I have to be honest i have never really noticed them as leaders - but i do think for a long time the Suns really lacked strong leadership. As good a player Ablett was, I don't think he was a great leader & I think that has made it a problem at the club since day 1.

Everytime i watch the Suns i always think that Ellis looks like the natural captain on that team. The right age, hard worker, has climbed the highest mountain & seems to understand the value of getting excited and getting around his teammates. We are deeply missing him ATM - as most of our leaders are 30+ now - we are finding a very noticeable hole in our leadership for that 20- 29 year old age. I might only see this though as i am a very one eyed tiger fan and really love seeing Brandon play - he just looks genuinely happy to be a Sun and tbh, i haven't always felt that about your players in the past. I think the fact you have a GF winning Tiger - playing well and visually looking like he is loving every minute of it is very valuable to your side. I really think you could do worse than make him a cap or at least a vice cap

With the ability of hindsight, I now recognize that Brandon was the leader for those younger blokes who perhaps were not in the "in" crowd. He was the leader of the misfits. Baker, Broad and Short loved him & he loved them just as much, even before they were the stars they are now. I can now see that he would have played a very big role in their meteoric rise, purely because he was a senior bloke how had all the time in the world for them on & off the field.
Richmond desperately needs someone like Brandon now to help the "new" Shorts & Baker ( Riley Collier Dawkins, Naish, Ross etc) feel like they are a legit part of this team

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I do not watch a lot of sun deeply, but i do live in Brisbane and watch them a lil bit as on TV. I have to be honest i have never really noticed them as leaders - but i do think for a long time the Suns really lacked strong leadership. As good a player Ablett was, I don't think he was a great leader & I think that has made it a problem at the club since day 1.

Everytime i watch the Suns i always think that Ellis looks like the natural captain on that team. The right age, hard worker, has climbed the highest mountain & seems to understand the value of getting excited and getting around his teammates. We are deeply missing him ATM - as most of our leaders are 30+ now - we are finding a very noticeable hole in our leadership for that 20- 29 year old age. I might only see this though as i am a very one eyed tiger fan and really love seeing Brandon play - he just looks genuinely happy to be a Sun and tbh, i haven't always felt that about your players in the past. I think the fact you have a GF winning Tiger - playing well and visually looking like he is loving every minute of it is very valuable to your side. I really think you could do worse than make him a cap or at least a vice cap

With the ability of hindsight, I now recognize that Brandon was the leader for those younger blokes who perhaps were not in the "in" crowd. He was the leader of the misfits. Baker, Broad and Short loved him & he loved them just as much, even before they were the stars they are now. I can now see that he would have played a very big role in their meteoric rise, purely because he was a senior bloke how had all the time in the world for them on & off the field.
Richmond desperately needs someone like Brandon now to help the "new" Shorts & Baker ( Riley Collier Dawkins, Naish, Ross etc) feel like they are a legit part of this team
Yeah there’s no doubt Brandon has bought something additional to the team. I think you’ve summed up his leadership style well. He also flies courageously for Mark’s and goes hard at the contest when the play dictates he needs to.
Fully agree we have never had senior leaders like a Richmond or Geelong and no doubt that has been to the detriment of our development of players and As a club going back to day 1.
Current captains swallow and witts would do anything for the team, always give 100% swallow in particular can lift a team through a bone crunching tackle but lack the onfield class/skill to lift a team by taking over a game ala dusty or Dangerfield.
Witts I think is a great speaker and presence in the locker room. Touk. I think our next captain is getting close to if not already our best player. His work ethic is insane and I think is an excellent speaker as well.

the players vote for the leadership group at the Suns so Brandon will be elected if he is seen as that leader. There’s no doubt he’s a valuable acquisition off field for us. I’m glad he is a sun. Has exceeded my expectations by far. He’ll continue to be that style of leadership whether elected into an official position or not.

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast

If you follow Oleg on Instagram you’ll see he’s living his best life..

A couple days ago he described himself on the suns instagram he’s the guy who turns the ball over a lot lol.. but he’s been good for us out of defence something we’ve needed

Considering he’s only played 31 games he’ll only get better

RJK Tiger

Premiership Player
Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
If you follow Oleg on Instagram you’ll see he’s living his best life..

A couple days ago he described himself on the suns instagram he’s the guy who turns the ball over a lot lol.. but he’s been good for us out of defence something we’ve needed

Considering he’s only played 31 games he’ll only get better

Both would definitely be in our starting 18 this year if they stayed. I think a lot of our supporters underrated Ellis & were ok to see him leave - I definitely think we have missed him in several areas.

Seeing them both happy & playing well for you guys has definitely made me see the suns future much brighter than i had previous. Your culture has improved a lot in recent years & that was always going to be the first step in moving👍

Back